Posted to alt.home.repair
sw sw is offline

Default Unpredictable Roof Leak

Our friends cottage has developed a leak in the shingle roof of the
screened porch part of their cottage. The leak isn't heavy, and is
less likely to occur during a rainstorm but rather at off rain times.
e.g. seems to happen each morning. The roof construction is un-
insulated/exposed in this portion of the house. I look up and saw a
16" wide x 6" patch of damp plywood sheathing centered on one of the
rafters.

The shingles are old but not curling. This is the only leak and it's
not a heavy one. One thing I noticed is that they get a heavy dew
build-up in the night time. I wasn't sure if that might be more
consistent with the leak.

I didn't get on the roof to check it but might be going back in
September when I will try to check it.

Any suggestions?

Thankyou in advance.

Flat roof leak ransley Home Repair 11 January 11th 09 05:17 AM
Odd leak on the roof Rod Home Ownership 0 June 3rd 07 05:33 AM
I'm puzzled about my leaking roof. It's not leaking like a leak should leak. Daniel Cullpeppper Home Repair 10 April 30th 06 04:16 AM
Roof leak after Katrina miamicuse Home Repair 10 September 5th 05 05:54 AM
my roof leak Ben Gold Home Repair 1 April 4th 05 12:27 PM