Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Moen 7300 series Legend cartridge

Anybody have a good place to buy these? Seems the people who sell them
have a racket going to rip off the buyers. At least the ones I have
googled seem to.
Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

joevan wrote:
Anybody have a good place to buy these? Seems the people who sell them
have a racket going to rip off the buyers. At least the ones I have
googled seem to.

Aren't those one of the lifetime-replacement cartridges???

Answering my own question, "Yes for original purchaser in original home"

If this faucet should ever develop a leak or drip during the Warranty
Period, Moen will FREE OF CHARGE provide the parts necessary to put the
faucet back in good working condition and will replace FREE OF CHARGE
any part or finish that proves defective in material and manufacturing
workmanship, under normal installation, use and service. Replacement
parts may be obtained by calling 1-800-289-6636 (Canada 1-800-465-6130)

www.moen.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

joevan wrote:
Anybody have a good place to buy these? Seems the people who sell them
have a racket going to rip off the buyers. At least the ones I have
googled seem to.

Don't know how they stack up but I've bought water filters from
NeedPlumbingSupplies and their delivery time was phenomenal - next day.

http://www.needplumbingsupplies.com/...moen+cartridge

I sometimes get cartridges to fit Moen, non-oem, a few dollars cheaper
at True Value hardware.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"joevan" wrote in message
Anybody have a good place to buy these? Seems the people who sell them
have a racket going to rip off the buyers. At least the ones I have
googled seem to.

They are about $12 at the hardware store last time I bought one. What prices
are you seeing that are a rip off?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 21 Aug 2009 17:36:01 -0400, "Ed Pawlowski"
wrote:

"joevan" wrote in message
.. .
Anybody have a good place to buy these? Seems the people who sell them
have a racket going to rip off the buyers. At least the ones I have
googled seem to.

They are about $12 at the hardware store last time I bought one. What prices
are you seeing that are a rip off?

20 bucks plus and then probably more with ****ting and handling as I
call it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

--

I'd say, on the average, Moen fixtures have lasted 15-20 years in my
house. Originals in bath and shower are still there and have had
Posted to alt.home.repair

Frank wrote:

[...]

Many years ago I went to my father-in-law's local HD to ask about a
replacement cartridge for a Moen faucet that I had not yet removed. They
said, "Those things have a lifetime warranty. Just bring in the old one
and we'll give you a new one. We don't care where you bought it."

Perce