Posted to alt.home.repair
NSN NSN is offline

Default Travertine Epoxy Repair ?

I have 2000 sq. ft. of Travertine flooring. Over the past 20 years I
have taken care of shallow defects and pits with Travertine colored
epoxy. I assume that it is made from the Travertine "dust" left over
from its original manufacturing process. I have had no problems with
the occasional patch. I just make one or two swipes with my "putty"
knife and freshly mixed epoxy. However, I frequently have an area that
is slightly elevated. I just wait until it sets up (not too hard) and
then trim off flush with the rest of the surface using a new sharp
scraping blade.

At this time I am having the entire floor cleaned and polished. After
the cleaning and before the polishing I will have about 40-50 areas
that will need to be patched. Do you guys have any tips or tricks that
will allow me to just apply the epoxy in one or two swipes and have it
level with the surface so that I can avoid irregularities in the epoxy
surface? I want to avoid the need to blade-scrape the repair as I have
been doing in the past. I do have some nice new putty knives and a
good supply of blades.

Norm

epoxy??Repair Lee Woodworking 5 December 13th 07 06:28 PM
How would YOU repair scratches in Travertine floor tiles? [email protected] Home Repair 5 August 29th 06 03:40 AM
bathtub epoxy repair??? Randy Cox Home Repair 3 June 27th 05 02:56 AM
Wood Repair - Will Epoxy hold weight? Jeff Woodworking 9 March 21st 05 11:08 PM
Steam Radiator Repair - Epoxy Michael Stoic Home Repair 12 October 25th 04 03:07 AM