Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT-World's Smallest Political Quiz

This one has been around for quite a while, but it only came to my
attention today.

Try it if you haven't already:

http://www.theadvocates.org/quizp/index.html

Jeff (A centrist per tha quiz)
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 20 Aug 2009 17:05:47 -0400, jeff_wisnia
wrote:

This one has been around for quite a while, but it only came to my
attention today.

Try it if you haven't already:

http://www.theadvocates.org/quizp/index.html

Jeff (A centrist per tha quiz)

From the site! "According to your answers, the political group that
agrees with you most is..."

Saying that group agrees with your answers most, not that you are a
centrist?

LIBERTARIANS agree with me most. "support maximum liberty in both
personal and economic matters. They advocate a much smaller
government; one that is limited to protecting individuals from
coercion and violence. Libertarians tend to embrace individual
responsibility, oppose government bureaucracy and taxes, promote
private charity, tolerate diverse lifestyles, support the free market,
and defend civil liberties.

I thought it would another answer, like Mr. Bean or such.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

This one has been around for quite a while, but it only came to my
attention today.

Try it if you haven't already:

http://www.theadvocates.org/quizp/index.html

Jeff (A centrist per tha quiz)

From the site! "According to your answers, the political group that
agrees with you most is..."

Saying that group agrees with your answers most, not that you are a
centrist?

LIBERTARIANS agree with me most. "support maximum liberty in both
personal and economic matters. They advocate a much smaller
government; one that is limited to protecting individuals from
coercion and violence. Libertarians tend to embrace individual
responsibility, oppose government bureaucracy and taxes, promote
private charity, tolerate diverse lifestyles, support the free market,
and defend civil liberties.

I thought it would another answer, like Mr. Bean or such.

Me too. Says I'm a Libertarian but I call myself Conservative.
Not sure of their definitions.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

This one has been around for quite a while, but it only came to my
attention today.

Try it if you haven't already:

http://www.theadvocates.org/quizp/index.html

Jeff (A centrist per tha quiz)

From the site! "According to your answers, the political group that
agrees with you most is..."

Saying that group agrees with your answers most, not that you are a
centrist?

LIBERTARIANS agree with me most. "support maximum liberty in both
personal and economic matters. They advocate a much smaller
government; one that is limited to protecting individuals from
coercion and violence. Libertarians tend to embrace individual
responsibility, oppose government bureaucracy and taxes, promote
private charity, tolerate diverse lifestyles, support the free market,
and defend civil liberties.

I thought it would another answer, like Mr. Bean or such.

Me too. Says I'm a Libertarian but I call myself Conservative.
Not sure of their definitions.

I think their descriptions are accurate. If you want smaller government
for example you aren't a conservative.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

This one has been around for quite a while, but it only came to my
attention today.

Try it if you haven't already:

http://www.theadvocates.org/quizp/index.html

Jeff (A centrist per tha quiz)

From the site! "According to your answers, the political group that
agrees with you most is..."

Saying that group agrees with your answers most, not that you are a
centrist?

LIBERTARIANS agree with me most. "support maximum liberty in both
personal and economic matters. They advocate a much smaller
government; one that is limited to protecting individuals from
coercion and violence. Libertarians tend to embrace individual
responsibility, oppose government bureaucracy and taxes, promote
private charity, tolerate diverse lifestyles, support the free market,
and defend civil liberties.

I thought it would another answer, like Mr. Bean or such.

Me too. Says I'm a Libertarian but I call myself Conservative.
Not sure of their definitions.

No! Is says Libertarians AGREE with you most.

From the site! "According to your answers, the political group that
agrees with you most is..."

On my answer page, my Libertarians were right of center, according to
the red dot.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"jeff_wisnia" wrote in message
eonecommunications...

This one has been around for quite a while, but it only came to my
attention today.

Try it if you haven't already:

http://www.theadvocates.org/quizp/index.html

Jeff (A centrist per tha quiz)
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Says I'm a libertarian, but I knew that, as I have been a registered
libertarian all my life.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 20 Aug 2009 18:14:06 -0400, George
wrote:

I think their descriptions are accurate. If you want smaller government
for example you aren't a conservative.

Unless you want a strong military.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
"SteveB" wrote:

"j
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Says I'm a libertarian, but I knew that, as I have been a registered
libertarian all my life.

I am a centrist with libertarian leanings.

--
Searching is half the fun: life is much more manageable when thought
of as a scavenger hunt as opposed to a surprise party.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 20 Aug 2009 16:34:54 -0600, "SteveB"
wrote:

Says I'm a libertarian, but I knew that, as I have been a registered
libertarian all my life.

Steve

Not if you were born before 1971.

The site does not say what you are politically, only the party that
agrees most with you.

Posted to alt.home.repair

jeff_wisnia wrote:

This one has been around for quite a while, but it only came to my
attention today.

Try it if you haven't already:

http://www.theadvocates.org/quizp/index.html

Jeff (A centrist per tha quiz)

The quiz is interesting, but far too superficial to be realistic, IMO.
It doesn't address the most horrible social problem we have, which is
drug abuse. My newspaper, online, has daily booking photos from jails
for three counties. Vast majority of arrests are for drugs or DUI's,
and the others are probably 90% related to drug and alcohol problems.
Arrests for carrying prescription drugs are insanely expensive, but the
alternative is our kids buying drugs on the playground. To compound the
problem of jailing people on drug charges, their families are then
destitute and their children left without parenting.

There is no politician on the planet who will solve what ails us most
seriously - drug and alcohol use and financial irresponsibility. I'm
not thinking my generation is fine and the younger generation is the bad
one.

We have loads and loads of pols harping about moral issues who have no
morals at all, and one-issue voters who seem to think that if we stamp
out abortion, drill for oil, and lower taxes, all will be well.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Frank wrote:

Me too. Says I'm a Libertarian but I call myself Conservative.
Not sure of their definitions.

Libertarians are like the Celtic warriors the English Kings hired to fight
their wars; loyal, fierce warriors, and mean as hell. You just wouldn't want
them to, you know, actually RUN things.

Posted to alt.home.repair

jeff_wisnia wrote:
This one has been around for quite a while, but it only came to my
attention today.

It says: "Your ideology is typical with those who don't like to see
political **** in non-politically related usenet groups"

I'd say it's spot on!

Jon

Posted to alt.home.repair

HeyBub wrote:
Frank wrote:
Me too. Says I'm a Libertarian but I call myself Conservative.
Not sure of their definitions.

Libertarians are like the Celtic warriors the English Kings hired to fight
their wars; loyal, fierce warriors, and mean as hell. You just wouldn't want
them to, you know, actually RUN things.

What is there to "run" with all that small government? Do they just
sign up volunteers?

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Says I'm a libertarian, but I knew that, as I have been a registered
libertarian all my life.

Steve

Not if you were born before 1971.

The site does not say what you are politically, only the party that
agrees most with you.

Born in 1948. What does that mean?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Jon Danniken" wrote in message
jeff_wisnia wrote:
This one has been around for quite a while, but it only came to my
attention today.

It says: "Your ideology is typical with those who don't like to see
political **** in non-politically related usenet groups"

I'd say it's spot on!

Jon

You must be new here.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In ,
Jon Danniken spewed forth:
jeff_wisnia wrote:
This one has been around for quite a while, but it only came to my
attention today.

It says: "Your ideology is typical with those who don't like to see
political **** in non-politically related usenet groups"

I'd say it's spot on!

Jon

And I'd say your ideology is to climb on top of your dresser to see the
naked lady next door then call the police and complain.
Choice is a bitch, ain't it?

Posted to alt.home.repair

HeyBub wrote:
Frank wrote:
Me too. Says I'm a Libertarian but I call myself Conservative.
Not sure of their definitions.

Libertarians are like the Celtic warriors the English Kings hired to fight
their wars; loyal, fierce warriors, and mean as hell. You just wouldn't want
them to, you know, actually RUN things.

Libertarians believe that only the most minimal government is required.
What would there be to "run"?

Posted to alt.home.repair

George wrote:
HeyBub wrote:
Frank wrote:
Me too. Says I'm a Libertarian but I call myself Conservative.
Not sure of their definitions.

Libertarians are like the Celtic warriors the English Kings hired to
fight their wars; loyal, fierce warriors, and mean as hell. You just
wouldn't want them to, you know, actually RUN things.

Libertarians believe that only the most minimal government is
required. What would there be to "run"?

Your betters have -- at one time or another -- decided that we can't live
without groups to study, regulate, eliminate, or otherwise bother certrain
activities. As a result, we can't live without the following (short list -
there are several hundred such groups in the Executive Branch):

The American Battle Monuments Commission
Grain Inspection, Packers, and Stockyards Administration
National Telecommunications and Information Administration
Architectural and Transportation Barriers Compliance Board
Committee for Purchase from People Who are Blind or Severely Disabled
Committee for Compliance with Textile Agreements
Indian Arts & Crafts Board
Interagency Council on Homelessness
Japan-United States Friendship Commission
National Indian Gaming Commission

And several hundred other bureaus, commissions, agencies, councils, czars,
administrations, offices, boards, committees, packs, herds, gaggles, and
groupies. Plus all the corresponding collections opposed to the goals,
policies, actions, rules, or memberships of the foregoing.

Posted to alt.home.repair

For the record, the thing said I'm a Centrist, but graphically I
appear
to be right at the intersection of leftist, centrist, and statist.
Who knew?

On Aug 20, 6:57*pm, "
wrote:
The quiz is interesting, but far too superficial to be realistic, IMO.

I concur. "Government should not censor", but people and the media
should have the good sense to censor themselves. (I'd certainly like
to hear
a helluva lot less about the Octomom.)

Most of the questions were that way. Hard to agree or disagree
definitively
with the issue as stated so simplistically.

The older I get, the less Libertarian I am. I've come to recognize
that most
people are too dumb to pour **** out of a boot, much less act out of
"enlightened self interest". They're woefully short on enlightenment,
and long on (misguided) self interest.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 20 Aug 2009 21:39:45 -0600, "SteveB"
wrote:

Says I'm a libertarian, but I knew that, as I have been a registered
libertarian all my life.

Steve

Not if you were born before 1971.

The site does not say what you are politically, only the party that
agrees most with you.

Born in 1948. What does that mean?

The Libertarian party was founded in 1971 G
Posted to alt.home.repair

on 8/20/2009 5:05 PM (ET) jeff_wisnia wrote the following:

This one has been around for quite a while, but it only came to my
attention today.

Try it if you haven't already:

http://www.theadvocates.org/quizp/index.html

Jeff (A centrist per tha quiz)

Conservative.
But.... I believe in a woman's choice re abortion.
I believe some abortions should be mandatory.
I believe some abortions should be retroactive.
Now, you know my feelings on the death penalty.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to alt.home.repair

George wrote:
wrote:

This one has been around for quite a while, but it only came to my
attention today.

Try it if you haven't already:

http://www.theadvocates.org/quizp/index.html

Jeff (A centrist per tha quiz)

From the site! "According to your answers, the political group that
agrees with you most is..."

Saying that group agrees with your answers most, not that you are a
centrist?

LIBERTARIANS agree with me most. "support maximum liberty in both
personal and economic matters. They advocate a much smaller
government; one that is limited to protecting individuals from
coercion and violence. Libertarians tend to embrace individual
responsibility, oppose government bureaucracy and taxes, promote
private charity, tolerate diverse lifestyles, support the free market,
and defend civil liberties.

I thought it would another answer, like Mr. Bean or such.

Me too. Says I'm a Libertarian but I call myself Conservative.
Not sure of their definitions.

I think their descriptions are accurate. If you want smaller government
for example you aren't a conservative.

Taking a harder look at the website, it is a Libertarian one. Maybe
they are trying to suck you in when your answers make you a Libertarian.
As far as I'm concerned, I'm a Conservative who agrees with most
Libertarian principals. In real life, a registered Republican trying to
push the party away from the country club crowd.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"jeff_wisnia" wrote in message
eonecommunications...

This one has been around for quite a while, but it only came to my
attention today.

Try it if you haven't already:

http://www.theadvocates.org/quizp/index.html

Jeff (A centrist per tha quiz)
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Pretty good!...I'm slightly right of center. Everyone thinks I'm a Liberal
and I never can figure out why.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Master Betty wrote:
"jeff_wisnia" wrote in message
eonecommunications...

This one has been around for quite a while, but it only came to my
attention today.

Try it if you haven't already:

http://www.theadvocates.org/quizp/index.html

Jeff (A centrist per tha quiz)
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Pretty good!...I'm slightly right of center. Everyone thinks I'm a Liberal
and I never can figure out why.

Me, too. Nowadays, "liberal" is "anyone who doesn't agree 100% with ME."
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

This one has been around for quite a while, but it only came to my
attention today.

Try it if you haven't already:

http://www.theadvocates.org/quizp/index.html

Jeff (A centrist per tha quiz)

From the site! "According to your answers, the political group that
agrees with you most is..."

Saying that group agrees with your answers most, not that you are a
centrist?

LIBERTARIANS agree with me most. "support maximum liberty in both
personal and economic matters. They advocate a much smaller
government; one that is limited to protecting individuals from
coercion and violence. Libertarians tend to embrace individual
responsibility, oppose government bureaucracy and taxes, promote
private charity, tolerate diverse lifestyles, support the free market,
and defend civil liberties.

I thought it would another answer, like Mr. Bean or such.

Me too. Says I'm a Libertarian but I call myself Conservative.
Not sure of their definitions.

It said I am extreme Libertarian, and I'd guess I'm completely off the
chart! My attitude is "Government get out of my Face!" I voted for
Bob Barr last election too.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 20, 4:05*pm, jeff_wisnia
wrote:
This one has been around for quite a while, but it only came to my
attention today.

Try it if you haven't already:

http://www.theadvocates.org/quizp/index.html

Jeff (A centrist per tha quiz)
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

I came out a Libertarian, 80% personal and 80% economic on the score.

The red dot is right in the center of Libertarian, but I already knew
this and I didn't need a test to tell me I was a Libertarian.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message
wrote:

Says I'm a libertarian, but I knew that, as I have been a registered
libertarian all my life.

Steve
Not if you were born before 1971.

The site does not say what you are politically, only the party that
agrees most with you.

Born in 1948. What does that mean?

Old Fart

TDD

I know it has gotten me better responding police! Young guys tend to
respect old farts because old farts do what the young guys wish they had the
balls to do.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Says I'm a libertarian, but I knew that, as I have been a registered
libertarian all my life.

Steve

Not if you were born before 1971.

The site does not say what you are politically, only the party that
agrees most with you.

Born in 1948. What does that mean?

The Libertarian party was founded in 1971 G

Well, the actual party was, but the ideology was around for a long time
before that. A long long long long time.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Says I'm a libertarian, but I knew that, as I have been a registered
libertarian all my life.

Steve
Not if you were born before 1971.

The site does not say what you are politically, only the party that
agrees most with you.
Born in 1948. What does that mean?

Old Fart

TDD

I know it has gotten me better responding police! Young guys tend to
respect old farts because old farts do what the young guys wish they had the
balls to do.

Steve

Well, I have baby brothers and sisters who are over 50 years of age.

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

I've got the answer.
lowdosenaltrexone