Posted to alt.home.repair

Default New Dishwasher Problem: Thoughts On ?

Hello,

Just got a new KitchenAid Dishwasher.
Will obviously get their installer back, but thought I would also ask here,
as most of you folks seem to be expewrts in most everything.

Does a miserable job cleaning.

"May" have found the problem, but perhaps not ?

Looked inside, and see that the 4-Arm water spinner rubs/hits some tube in
the back of the tub's interior.
Probably a tolerance buildup, or... ?

Also, if the spinner is pushed vertically upward by finger pressure to it's
limit, perhaps 1/8 of an inch or so, it does not rub.

Have a guess that the installer will tell me that verticlly "up" is the way
it spins when water is coming out of it's arms.
And, therefore, there is no problem. Hmm...!

Any thoughts on this would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 20, 2:15*pm, "Robert11" wrote:
Hello,

Just got a new KitchenAid Dishwasher.
Will obviously get their installer back, but thought I would also ask here,
as most of you folks seem to be expewrts in most everything.

Does a miserable job cleaning.

"May" have found the problem, but perhaps not ?

Looked inside, and see that the 4-Arm water spinner rubs/hits some tube in
the back of the tub's interior.
Probably a tolerance buildup, or... ?

Also, if the spinner is pushed vertically upward by finger pressure to it's
limit, perhaps 1/8 of an inch or so, it does not rub.

Have a guess that the installer will tell me that verticlly "up" is the way
it spins when water is coming out of it's arms.
And, therefore, there is no problem. *Hmm...!

Any thoughts on this would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob

I'd say it's hard to imagine a design where there is only 1/8"
clearance between the spray arm and anything it could hit inside the
tub and that even that 1/8 relies on the arm being pushed up
slightly. A half inch or more would seem normal. If there is a
unit on display at a local store, you could go take a look at that one.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Robert11 wrote:
Hello,

Just got a new KitchenAid Dishwasher.
Will obviously get their installer back, but thought I would also ask here,
as most of you folks seem to be expewrts in most everything.

Does a miserable job cleaning.

"May" have found the problem, but perhaps not ?

Looked inside, and see that the 4-Arm water spinner rubs/hits some tube in
the back of the tub's interior.
Probably a tolerance buildup, or... ?

Also, if the spinner is pushed vertically upward by finger pressure to it's
limit, perhaps 1/8 of an inch or so, it does not rub.

Have a guess that the installer will tell me that verticlly "up" is the way
it spins when water is coming out of it's arms.
And, therefore, there is no problem. Hmm...!

Any thoughts on this would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob

We just got a new KitchenAid dishwasher too. Washed 3-4 loads so far
and works fine. Clearance between the plastic tube which appears to be
water feed is about half inch. Tube is inflexible and does not move.
Is your's properly in place? That's my only thought.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Robert11" wrote in message
Hello,

Just got a new KitchenAid Dishwasher.
Will obviously get their installer back, but thought I would also ask
here, as most of you folks seem to be expewrts in most everything.

Does a miserable job cleaning.

"May" have found the problem, but perhaps not ?

Looked inside, and see that the 4-Arm water spinner rubs/hits some tube in
the back of the tub's interior.
Probably a tolerance buildup, or... ?

Mine is running right now so I can't look but 1/8" clearance does not see
correct. We've had our KA for four years now and every dish is perfect if
loaded properly. A couple of times something got improperly loaded and it
did into get the spray, but that is maybe 4 items in 4 years. Great
machine.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Aug 20, 1:15*pm, "Robert11" wrote:
Hello,

Just got a new KitchenAid Dishwasher.
Will obviously get their installer back, but thought I would also ask here,
as most of you folks seem to be expewrts in most everything.

Does a miserable job cleaning.

"May" have found the problem, but perhaps not ?

Looked inside, and see that the 4-Arm water spinner rubs/hits some tube in
the back of the tub's interior.
Probably a tolerance buildup, or... ?

Also, if the spinner is pushed vertically upward by finger pressure to it's
limit, perhaps 1/8 of an inch or so, it does not rub.

Have a guess that the installer will tell me that verticlly "up" is the way
it spins when water is coming out of it's arms.
And, therefore, there is no problem. *Hmm...!

Any thoughts on this would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob

Seem to me the machine fell of the loading dock or had some mishap
that sprung the chassis. I would not accept it at all. With such a
poor beginning, the future for the sorry thing looks pretty grim. You
will probably be exposed to all manner of BS claiming, 'they all do
that', 'to let it cycle a few times and it will be fine'. Stand your
ground, have it carted off and go find a better dealer if you get no
cooperation. God luck.

Joe

Posted to alt.home.repair

Joe wrote:
[...]

Hi,
When my sister moved into her new house, high end DW jammed up on first
load of dish when started. That unit suffered exactly what you
mentioned, dropped during unloading from tailgate. She demanded a
replacement, no repair. Replacement was fine and still working good.

Dishwasher problem NoSpam UK diy 18 January 10th 07 08:10 PM
Dishwasher problem phil UK diy 0 September 10th 06 10:48 AM
dishwasher problem [email protected] UK diy 3 May 28th 05 03:01 PM
Dishwasher Problem john Smith UK diy 7 December 16th 04 11:56 AM
dishwasher problem Alan Home Repair 11 August 23rd 04 12:02 PM