DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   40 year old Western Holly Stove - lift top (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/285107-re-40-year-old-western-holly-stove-lift-top.html)

[email protected][_2_] August 20th 09 01:55 PM

40 year old Western Holly Stove - lift top

Dave_s wrote:
I need to release the top of the stove to have access to the pilot gas
feed lines. Is there a lever or catch that must be moved to release the
top metal so it can be raised to see the gas pilot feed lines?

Thank you, Dave_s

There are several "how-to" tips on this site, along with a phone number:
http://www.antiquegasstoves.com/pages/controlpanel.html

I would pick a picture from the site that looks most like your stove and
give them a call. If that fails, I would call someone with similar
stove for sale and ask them.

If you take out the burners and grates and see no release lever
anywhere, it seems it should either lift off, or lift with some
combination of sliding.....is there a lot of crud down inside that could
make it stick?