Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 40 year old Western Holly Stove - lift top

In article ,
Dave_s wrote:

I need to release the top of the stove to have access to the pilot gas
feed lines. Is there a lever or catch that must be moved to release the
top metal so it can be raised to see the gas pilot feed lines?

Thank you, Dave_s

Just a WAG, but I think most 40 year old stovetops just lift up in the
front with a bit of prying to release the spring catches. Have you tried
that?
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
Dave_s wrote:

Smitty Two wrote:
In article ,
Dave_s wrote:

I need to release the top of the stove to have access to the pilot gas
feed lines. Is there a lever or catch that must be moved to release the
top metal so it can be raised to see the gas pilot feed lines?

Thank you, Dave_s

Just a WAG, but I think most 40 year old stovetops just lift up in the
front with a bit of prying to release the spring catches. Have you tried
that?

Smitty,

Yes I did try that. Will not move at all lifting.

Dave_s

Google reveals a number of antique appliance dealers who do
restorations, sell parts and reprints of manuals, etc. I guess I'd be
contacting them for help at this point.