Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Brick Splitter

Do these brick splitters work? See links below. Going to install a
clay brick patio. The pattern that the wife picked out I have a
feeling that I will be cutting many bricks at the edge.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...125&zmap=95916

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...ategory%20Page
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Fred" wrote in message
Do these brick splitters work? See links below. Going to install a
clay brick patio. The pattern that the wife picked out I have a
feeling that I will be cutting many bricks at the edge.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...125&zmap=95916

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...ategory%20Page

Yes, they do. Quite accurate also. The difference between the two seems to
be the color.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Aug 10, 6:25*pm, Fred wrote:
Do these brick splitters work? See links below. Going to install a
clay brick patio. The pattern that the wife picked out I have a
feeling that I will be cutting many bricks at the edge.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...temnumber=9591....

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...roduct_6970_20...

You can get a cheap diamond blade from Harbor Freight for your
circular saw, set it about 1" deep and score the brick any way you
wish. A whack with a hammer and you have a clean cut and you only
spent $30 on the blade. Blades for angle grinders are even cheaper,
around $10. In fact you could get the angle grinder and blade for $35
or so. Either tool could work better at tricky sections like round
edges/

Joe

Brick or Brick Veneer over Stucco MikeL[_2_] Home Repair 6 June 14th 16 04:59 AM
$7 Splitter Unisaw A100 Woodworking 24 February 27th 05 11:42 PM
Brick vs. brick veneer question Gary Home Ownership 2 September 18th 03 02:43 PM
Brick vs. brick veneer question Ralph Home Ownership 2 September 16th 03 10:07 PM
Garage - double brick or brick and block Paul J S Green UK diy 1 September 8th 03 06:05 PM