Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Large Picture Window Popping Sound

What I thought was badly installed vinyl siding (contractor to condo
association) causing a cracking/popping sound on heat up/down has turned
out to be the the large double pane "picture" window (one side has a
sliding pane that slides over the picture window part). I think the
pounding during installation of the siding must have disturbed the
window pane adhesive. If I press on the window pane from the inside, I
get the popping sound. The window is original from 1992 (I think)
when the condos were built. So I don't think a window warranty would
apply so should I replace the window or get it repaired? TIA
Posted to alt.home.repair

In that case all your windows would be bad. Time ,heat and cool down
made the seal fail. Unless siders used spikes and sledge hammers on your
condo.

Jerry

http://community.webtv.net/awoodbutc...oodWorkingPage

http://community.webtv.net/awoodbutcher/1974RuppCentair

Posted to alt.home.repair

on 8/9/09 1:38 PM Jerry - OHIO said the following:
In that case all your windows would be bad. Time ,heat and cool down
made the seal fail. Unless siders used spikes and sledge hammers on your
condo.

Jerry

http://community.webtv.net/awoodbutc...oodWorkingPage

http://community.webtv.net/awoodbutcher/1974RuppCentair

the pounding was very loud, shaking the structure at certain points...