Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Delta faucet problem

We have two bathroom sinks with identical Delta single-handle faucets.
but one needs only 1/16" movement for the water to flow while the other
needs at least 1/2". IOW, a lot more care needs to be taken when turning
off the first one.

I replaced all the innards of that first faucet, but it still behaves
the same.

Anything to look out for?

Perce
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 8, 2:12�pm, "Percival P. Cassidy" wrote:
We have two bathroom sinks with identical Delta single-handle faucets.
but one needs only 1/16" movement for the water to flow while the other
needs at least 1/2". IOW, a lot more care needs to be taken when turning
off the first one.

I replaced all the innards of that first faucet, but it still behaves
the same.

Anything to look out for?

Perce

did you replace the ball? Is the handle secure?

If the faucets are identical try swapping parts
Posted to alt.home.repair

bob haller wrote:

We have two bathroom sinks with identical Delta single-handle faucets.
but one needs only 1/16" movement for the water to flow while the other
needs at least 1/2". IOW, a lot more care needs to be taken when turning
off the first one.

I replaced all the innards of that first faucet, but it still behaves
the same.

Anything to look out for?

did you replace the ball? Is the handle secure?

Yes: I replaced the ball, the plastic piece with the sort-of-triangular
opening, the rubber seals, and the springs. Yes, the handle is secure --
as it was before I changed those parts.

If the faucets are identical try swapping parts

I might try that.

Perce
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 8, 2:54�pm, "Percival P. Cassidy" wrote:
bob haller wrote:
We have two bathroom sinks with identical Delta single-handle faucets.
but one needs only 1/16" movement for the water to flow while the other
needs at least 1/2". IOW, a lot more care needs to be taken when turning
off the first one.

I replaced all the innards of that first faucet, but it still behaves
the same.

Anything to look out for?

did you replace the ball? Is the handle secure?

Yes: I replaced the ball, the plastic piece with the sort-of-triangular
opening, the rubber seals, and the springs. Yes, the handle is secure --
as it was before I changed those parts.

If the faucets are identical try swapping parts

I might try that.

Perce

did they both work the same originally?
Posted to alt.home.repair

bob haller wrote:

We have two bathroom sinks with identical Delta single-handle faucets.
but one needs only 1/16" movement for the water to flow while the other
needs at least 1/2". IOW, a lot more care needs to be taken when turning
off the first one.

I replaced the ball, the plastic piece with the sort-of-triangular
opening, the rubber seals, and the springs. Yes, the handle is secure --
as it was before I changed those parts.

If the faucets are identical try swapping parts

I might try that.

did they both work the same originally?

That is a good question. The "touchy" one is in a bathroom I haven't
used much, so I can't say I noticed.

The people who've used it more than I say they've not noticed having to
turn it off more firmly than before.

Perce

Posted to alt.home.repair

Percival P. Cassidy wrote:
We have two bathroom sinks with identical Delta single-handle faucets.
but one needs only 1/16" movement for the water to flow while the other
needs at least 1/2". IOW, a lot more care needs to be taken when turning
off the first one.

I replaced all the innards of that first faucet, but it still behaves
the same.

Anything to look out for?

Perce

Maybe the other faucet that you like is the one that isn't working
correctly?