Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Big project

I am on a committee to build a park. We want to put a gazebo in the park
w/ an area to have a stove that is lockable and a place to put mowers
and such in the back. Any suggestions on where to look for plans?

--
Dymphna
Message origin: www.TRAVEL.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 7, 12:08*pm, Dymphna
wrote:
I am on a committee to build a park. We want to put a gazebo in the park
w/ an area to have a stove that is lockable and a place to put mowers
and such in the back. Any suggestions on where to look for plans?

--
Dymphna
Message origin:www.TRAVEL.com

"Any suggestions on where to look for plans?"

At an architectural firm that knows the building and municipal codes
for your area.

This doesn't sound like a DIY project. If it's on public land (or even
if it's not) you've got a ton of regulations to deal with - everything
from parking, ingress/egress, sanitation, insurance, etc. etc.

Mowers, huh? So you'll be storing flammable liquids in the building,
right?

A stove, huh? What kind of fuel? Who will design the system, pull the
proper permits and install the utilities?

Besides dealing with all of the regs, a good architectural firm will
handle things like designing (and positioning) the structure to take
advantage of sun,wind, water run off, etc.

Sounds to me like the committee's focus shouldn't be on building the
park, at least not at this point. It sounds like the committee's focus
should be on finding a firm to help you design the park, with one of
the requirements being that you want this to be a "hands on project"
as much as possible.
Posted to alt.home.repair

DerbyDad03;2998695 Wrote:

Message origin:'www.TRAVEL.com' (http://www.TRAVEL.com)

[...]

It is a community project. We are not big enough to have those
regulations - we don't even have a city government. The only ordnance we
have is a leash law.

We don't have much money - so unless the firm is willing to donate
their services - that is out. We want to put in a propane stove that can
be rented for receptions and such.

--
Dymphna
Message origin: www.TRAVEL.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Dymphna" wrote in message
news

DerbyDad03;2998695 Wrote:
On Aug 7, 12:08 pm, Dymphna
wrote:
[...]

do you have building codes? is your community part of any other town, city,
or county that does? which private or public organization is going to accept
liability or provide insurance that the structure you build isn't going to
collapse on someone?

you may only know about a leash law, but there are a host of other
ordinances that you are subject to imposed by other government entities who
have jurisdiction.

New project Larry Jaques Metalworking 0 June 9th 09 01:51 PM
A useful little project Don Foreman Metalworking 37 July 16th 08 05:21 AM
Project help [email protected] Metalworking 6 February 27th 08 09:03 PM
OT New project Robatoy Woodworking 16 April 9th 07 05:09 PM
What think ye? (project) Enoch Root Woodworking 3 December 21st 05 07:28 AM