Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Best Dehumidifier?

My Kenmore 70 pint dehumidifier croaked again today after I had it
repaired in the spring of '08. Can anyone recommend a model or brand
with which they've had good luck, or at least excellent service?

The Kenmore worked well when it worked, but I got just three seasons
out of it before it died the first time, and I think Sears hosed me on
the repair.

BC
damp
Posted to alt.home.repair

BCDrums wrote:
My Kenmore 70 pint dehumidifier croaked again today after I had it
repaired in the spring of '08. Can anyone recommend a model or brand
with which they've had good luck, or at least excellent service?

The Kenmore worked well when it worked, but I got just three seasons
out of it before it died the first time, and I think Sears hosed me on
the repair.

Hi, I'm not sure whether these are available in the US. I did a quick Google
and only found UK and Germany but I could be wrong.

I've had one, lasted me about 15 years before it went on the blink. I would
have replaced it with another if I could have obtained one quickly - was a
distress replacement!

http://www.ebacgroup.com/

Posted to alt.home.repair

I worked for Shears in 1996. I had access to their price
book, and I'm very sad that I didn't take it home and copy
it. Yes, they are rather expensive.

Perhaps take your dehum to appliance repair shop near you,
ask for estimates. Many times, they are easily repaired. I
know, I've fixed enough of them.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"BCDrums" wrote in message

I think Sears hosed me on
the repair.

BC
damp

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 6, 5:24*pm, "Clot" wrote:
BCDrums wrote:
My Kenmore 70 pint dehumidifier croaked again today after I had it
repaired in the spring of '08. Can anyone recommend a model or brand
with which they've had good luck, or at least excellent service?

The Kenmore worked well when it worked, but I got just three seasons
out of it before it died the first time, and I think Sears hosed me on
the repair.

Hi, I'm not sure whether these are available in the US. I did a quick Google
and only found UK and Germany but I could be wrong.

I've had one, lasted me about 15 years before it went on the blink. I would
have replaced it with another if I could have obtained one quickly - was a
distress replacement!

http://www.ebacgroup.com/

The Ebacs look fantastic, but they have no US dealer. They offer a
full 5 year warranty, unlike the US stuff.

BC
Posted to alt.home.repair
rlz rlz is offline

On Aug 6, 1:33*pm, BCDrums wrote:
My Kenmore 70 pint dehumidifier croaked again today after I had it
repaired in the spring of '08. Can anyone recommend a model or brand
with which they've had good luck, or at least excellent service?

The Kenmore worked well when it worked, but I got just three seasons
out of it before it died the first time, and I think Sears hosed me on
the repair.

BC
damp

I don't know about dehumidifiers, but here in Colorado, we use swamp
coolers that add moisture to the dry air for cooling purposes.

Robin

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 6 Aug 2009 21:36:15 -0700 (PDT), BCDrums
wrote:

On Aug 6, 5:24*pm, "Clot" wrote:
BCDrums wrote:
My Kenmore 70 pint dehumidifier croaked again today after I had it
repaired in the spring of '08. Can anyone recommend a model or brand
with which they've had good luck, or at least excellent service?

The Kenmore worked well when it worked, but I got just three seasons
out of it before it died the first time, and I think Sears hosed me on
the repair.

Hi, I'm not sure whether these are available in the US. I did a quick Google
and only found UK and Germany but I could be wrong.

I've had one, lasted me about 15 years before it went on the blink. I would
have replaced it with another if I could have obtained one quickly - was a
distress replacement!

http://www.ebacgroup.com/

The Ebacs look fantastic, but they have no US dealer. They offer a
full 5 year warranty, unlike the US stuff.

BC

IAQSource sells at least some of the Eback line:

http://www.iaqsource.com/category.ph...?category=1102

Paul F.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 6, 9:36*pm, BCDrums wrote:
On Aug 6, 5:24*pm, "Clot" wrote:

BCDrums wrote:
My Kenmore 70 pint dehumidifier croaked again today after I had it
repaired in the spring of '08. Can anyone recommend a model or brand
with which they've had good luck, or at least excellent service?

The Kenmore worked well when it worked, but I got just three seasons
out of it before it died the first time, and I think Sears hosed me on
the repair.

Hi, I'm not sure whether these are available in the US. I did a quick Google
and only found UK and Germany but I could be wrong.

I've had one, lasted me about 15 years before it went on the blink. I would
have replaced it with another if I could have obtained one quickly - was a
distress replacement!

http://www.ebacgroup.com/

The Ebacs look fantastic, but they have no US dealer. They offer a
full 5 year warranty, unlike the US stuff.

BC

check out

http://www.allergybuyersclub.com/all...midifiers.html

cheers
Bob

Dehumidifier nospamplse Home Repair 3 August 20th 07 05:57 PM
Dehumidifier [email protected] Electronics Repair 17 August 6th 07 06:15 AM
Would this dehumidifier be OK ? sm_jamieson UK diy 13 September 12th 06 02:00 PM
dehumidifier lls8000 Home Ownership 0 July 25th 05 04:46 PM
DIY Dehumidifier songofruth Home Repair 28 May 20th 05 10:41 AM