Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Does someone know , for sure, if a rheostat can be applied to a small'12 vdc' Motor ?

All the packages ive looked at in the store mention 115 v. , but
none mention 12 vdc. Please advise. Thanks.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 2, 12:01*pm, " wrote:
All the packages ive looked at *in the store mention 115 v. *, but
none mention 12 vdc. * *Please advise. *Thanks.

I havnt seen a Rheostat sold in hardware stores for years, A Rheostat
will work.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/2/2009 10:01 AM spake thus:

All the packages ive looked at in the store mention 115 v. , but
none mention 12 vdc. Please advise. Thanks.

Both of these places have rheostats for sale for cheap; just do a search
for "rheostat":

Electronic Surplus Inc.--
http://www.electronicsurplus.com
Alltronics-- http://www.alltronics.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Does someone know , for sure, if a rheostat can be applied toa...

Old auto car heater switch !!
Jerry

http://community.webtv.net/awoodbutc...oodWorkingPage

http://community.webtv.net/awoodbutcher/1974RuppCentair

Posted to alt.home.repair

Of course it can be applied.

Now. What did you want it to do? Depending on what you want
it to do, it might work or not.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

" wrote in message
All the packages ive looked at in the store mention 115 v.
, but
none mention 12 vdc. Please advise. Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 2 Aug 2009 10:01:23 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

All the packages ive looked at in the store mention 115 v. , but
none mention 12 vdc. Please advise. Thanks.

I used one of these on a 1/4 hp motor.
http://www.bakatronics.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=581
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/3/2009 9:11 PM spake thus:

wrote:

All the packages ive looked at in the store mention 115 v. , but
none mention 12 vdc. Please advise. Thanks.

I used one of these on a 1/4 hp motor.
http://www.bakatronics.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=581

Looks to me like it uses PWM (pulse-width modulation), basically
"chopped" DC with variable duty cycle. Just curious: what kind of 1/4 hp
motor? Must be a 12 or 24 vdc one, obviously.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/3/2009 9:11 PM spake thus:

wrote:

All the packages ive looked at in the store mention 115 v. , but
none mention 12 vdc. Please advise. Thanks.

I used one of these on a 1/4 hp motor.
http://www.bakatronics.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=581

Looks to me like it uses PWM (pulse-width modulation), basically
"chopped" DC with variable duty cycle. Just curious: what kind of 1/4 hp
motor? Must be a 12 or 24 vdc one, obviously.

That's what it is. It give much much more torque at low speeds vs
lowering the voltage. I think that one also allows you to vary the
frequency of the PWM, but I'm not sure why you would want to do that?

Tony