Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 9" Water Supply line for toilet

We had to replace our water supply line on our toilet as it broke.
When I went to Home Depot they now only sell 12" lines. I installed
it and the wife thinks it looks stupid as its all bent because its too
long. I cannot find anyone that sells these lines in length of 9".
I was told at home depot that they no longer make 9" water supply
lines, only 12" and longer. Does anyone know where I can get a
standard 9" water supply line for a toilet ? I'm looking for 9"
length by 1/2" round.
Thanks.
Ottawa Canada
Posted to alt.home.repair

car crash wrote:
We had to replace our water supply line on our toilet as it broke.
When I went to Home Depot they now only sell 12" lines. I installed
it and the wife thinks it looks stupid as its all bent because its too
long. I cannot find anyone that sells these lines in length of 9".
I was told at home depot that they no longer make 9" water supply
lines, only 12" and longer. Does anyone know where I can get a
standard 9" water supply line for a toilet ? I'm looking for 9"
length by 1/2" round.
Thanks.
Ottawa Canada

1. You can make your own - copper tubing comes in any length.
2. Is moving the toilet over, say, three inches possible?

Posted to alt.home.repair

car crash wrote:
We had to replace our water supply line on our toilet as it broke.
When I went to Home Depot they now only sell 12" lines. I installed
it and the wife thinks it looks stupid as its all bent because its too
long. I cannot find anyone that sells these lines in length of 9".
I was told at home depot that they no longer make 9" water supply
lines, only 12" and longer. Does anyone know where I can get a
standard 9" water supply line for a toilet ? I'm looking for 9"
length by 1/2" round.
Thanks.
Ottawa Canada

Like this?

http://www.doityourself.com/invt/8383929

--Winston
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 30, 8:05*pm, car crash wrote:
We had to replace our water supply line on our toilet as it broke.
When I went to Home Depot they now only sell 12" lines. * I installed
it and the wife thinks it looks stupid as its all bent because its too
long. * I cannot find anyone that sells these lines in length of 9".
I was told at home depot that they no longer make 9" water supply
lines, only 12" and longer. * *Does anyone know where I can get a
standard 9" water supply line for a toilet ? *I'm looking for 9"
length by 1/2" round.
Thanks.
Ottawa Canada

Alternatives:

Use a 12" but rotate the angle stop so the supply connects at 8
o'clock or 4 instead of 12 o'clock

Tell the wife she'll get used to it

or DAGS

http://plumbing.hardwarestore.com/51...ne-638549.aspx
http://www.doityourself.com/icat/12inx9in12intolsup
http://www.nextag.com/toilet-supply/search-html

cheers
Bob

Posted to alt.home.repair

"fftt" wrote in message
On Jul 30, 8:05 pm, car crash wrote:
We had to replace our water supply line on our toilet as it broke.
When I went to Home Depot they now only sell 12" lines. I installed
it and the wife thinks it looks stupid as its all bent because its too
long. I cannot find anyone that sells these lines in length of 9".
I was told at home depot that they no longer make 9" water supply
lines, only 12" and longer. Does anyone know where I can get a
standard 9" water supply line for a toilet ? I'm looking for 9"
length by 1/2" round.
Thanks.
Ottawa Canada

When in doubt of any plumbing or electrical work, I stay very far away from
the borg. Ace Hardware in Marble Falls has knowable people and

the stock to do about any repair/upgrade. More parts and pieces then you
can shake a stick at. Puts the big box stores to shame. Prices aren't the
best in town, but price isn't everything. Doing it right the first time is.

No affiliation yada yada

Posted to alt.home.repair

"car crash" wrote in message

Does anyone know where I can get a
standard 9" water supply line for a toilet ? I'm looking for 9"
length by 1/2" round.
Thanks.
Ottawa Canada

Best sources in Ottawa, Canada, seem to be:
1. The Electrical and Plumbing Store, Ogilvie Rd.
2. Mondeau plumbing supply (on a side road off Cyrville.)

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

Posted to alt.home.repair
N8N N8N is offline

On Jul 30, 11:05*pm, car crash wrote:
We had to replace our water supply line on our toilet as it broke.
When I went to Home Depot they now only sell 12" lines. * I installed
it and the wife thinks it looks stupid as its all bent because its too
long. * I cannot find anyone that sells these lines in length of 9".
I was told at home depot that they no longer make 9" water supply
lines, only 12" and longer. * *Does anyone know where I can get a
standard 9" water supply line for a toilet ? *I'm looking for 9"
length by 1/2" round.
Thanks.
Ottawa Canada

use a chromed brass hard tube, those can be cut to length.

nate
Posted to alt.home.repair

I'm speechless.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"HeyBub" wrote in message

2. Is moving the toilet over, say, three inches possible?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 31, 8:09*am, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
I'm speechless.

You beat me to it.
Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

car crash wrote:
We had to replace our water supply line on our toilet as it broke.
When I went to Home Depot they now only sell 12" lines. I installed
it and the wife thinks it looks stupid as its all bent because its too
long. I cannot find anyone that sells these lines in length of 9".
I was told at home depot that they no longer make 9" water supply
lines, only 12" and longer. Does anyone know where I can get a
standard 9" water supply line for a toilet ? I'm looking for 9"
length by 1/2" round.
Thanks.
Ottawa Canada

Try Rona, I have found shorter ones there.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Whomp, whomp. (beating you some more)

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Thomas" wrote in message
On Jul 31, 8:09 am, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
I'm speechless.

You beat me to it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

fftt wrote:

Alternatives:

Use a 12" but rotate the angle stop so the supply connects at 8
o'clock or 4 instead of 12 o'clock

Tell the wife she'll get used to it

Opening line for a novel:

"Hubert! The toilet's stopped up again!" said Esmeralda Snark in a voice
that had not endeared her to seven husbands over the last ten years.

Posted to alt.home.repair

HeyBub wrote:
fftt wrote:
Alternatives:

Use a 12" but rotate the angle stop so the supply connects at 8
o'clock or 4 instead of 12 o'clock

Tell the wife she'll get used to it

Opening line for a novel:

"Hubert! The toilet's stopped up again!" said Esmeralda Snark in a voice
that had not endeared her to seven husbands over the last ten years.

Do you mind if I submit that for this year's Bulwer-Lytton contest?

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Rick Samuel" wrote in message

"fftt" wrote in message
[...]

What an idiot....LOL..He suffers from BBDS...Big Box Derangement
Syndrome...ROFLMAO...His standard response to any question regarding
anything hardware related....He can't help it...really he
can't...ROFLMAO....

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Hubert! The toilet's stopped up again!" said Esmeralda
Snark in a voice
that had not endeared her to seven husbands over the last
ten years.

Hubert grunted, and slightly lowered the news paper he had
been reading. "Spng." he said out of the left side of his
mouth. The right side chomping on a very stale cigar.

"Hubert, how many times have I told you to take that damn
cigar out of your mouth when you talk to me?"

Hubert did that. He took his cigar, tapped the one and a
half inch ash off the end, into her cereal bowl, and then
took a deep breath. This threw him into a coughing spasm.
When his lungs cleared, and the red lightened up from in
front of his eyes, he said a bit more clearly:

"So plunge it, darling!". Hubert knew this would not make
him popular. But, Esmerelda had some of the most odorous
defectation he'd ever been near. He wasn't eager to go in
there. Not without a gas mask and a fume hood.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Nate Nagel wrote:
HeyBub wrote:
fftt wrote:
Alternatives:

Use a 12" but rotate the angle stop so the supply connects at 8
o'clock or 4 instead of 12 o'clock

Tell the wife she'll get used to it

Opening line for a novel:

"Hubert! The toilet's stopped up again!" said Esmeralda Snark in a
voice that had not endeared her to seven husbands over the last ten
years.

Do you mind if I submit that for this year's Bulwer-Lytton contest?

That's where I got it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:

"So plunge it, darling!". Hubert knew this would not make
him popular. But, Esmerelda had some of the most odorous
defectation he'd ever been near. He wasn't eager to go in
there. Not without a gas mask and a fume hood.

.... or with a lighted cigar.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:
[...]

Good. Try improving on this one:

"The senator must have tied on a real bender last night," said Sheriff
Doppelganger. "He left the party about midnight and his car was found this
morning in the smokestack of a British aircraft carrier in the Formosa
Straits."

Posted to alt.home.repair

The Daring Dufas wrote:

The solution many be to make it even longer and loop it.

http://www.societyhillpiscataway.com...iletSupply.jpg

IMO it's often better because the strain of a connection angle at
either end is relieved making it more reliable.

But won't that make the water dizzy and confuse it
as to which way it should swirl when it's flushed?

Still spins correctly.

Don't drink the water though.

More than once I've seen my old dog stagger out after a bout of drinking...
--
Jack
Using FREE News Server: http://www.eternal-september.org/

Posted to alt.home.repair

Oh, that's good. First time in days, I've laughed out loud.
Thank you.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
Stormin Mormon wrote:

"So plunge it, darling!". Hubert knew this would not make
him popular. But, Esmerelda had some of the most odorous
defectation he'd ever been near. He wasn't eager to go in
there. Not without a gas mask and a fume hood.

.... or with a lighted cigar.

Posted to alt.home.repair

The Daring Dufas wrote in
:

Red Green wrote:
car crash wrote in
:

[...]

TDD

Well if you loop & twist it just right, the water will flush in the
opposite direction.