DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Need to make a quick decision: BT 3000 SX (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/283423-need-make-quick-decision-bt-3000-sx.html)

Aaron Fude July 31st 09 01:48 AM

Need to make a quick decision: BT 3000 SX

Hi,

I'm looking to upgrade from my (most) entry level Ryobi saw.

Is this a step up or essentially the same thing:

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/tls/1291619445.html

Many thanks in advance!

Looking to decide in the next hour or so.

Thanks!

Aaron

Smitty Two July 31st 09 03:28 AM

Need to make a quick decision: BT 3000 SX

In article ,
Aaron Fude wrote:

Hi,

I'm looking to upgrade from my (most) entry level Ryobi saw.

Is this a step up or essentially the same thing:

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/tls/1291619445.html

Many thanks in advance!

Looking to decide in the next hour or so.

Thanks!

Aaron

The hour is passed. What did you decide? I hope it was not to buy a saw
from a guy who types in all caps, can't spell table, and stores "brand
new" tools with such deplorable care.

Aaron Fude July 31st 09 04:04 AM

Need to make a quick decision: BT 3000 SX

Smitty Two wrote:
In article ,
Aaron Fude wrote:

Hi,

I'm looking to upgrade from my (most) entry level Ryobi saw.

Is this a step up or essentially the same thing:

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/tls/1291619445.html

Many thanks in advance!

Looking to decide in the next hour or so.

Thanks!

Aaron

The hour is passed. What did you decide? I hope it was not to buy a saw
from a guy who types in all caps, can't spell table, and stores "brand
new" tools with such deplorable care.

I have until tomorrow morning. What about the saw itself?

Rick Samuel[_2_] July 31st 09 08:27 AM

Need to make a quick decision: BT 3000 SX

"Smitty Two" wrote in message
In article ,
Aaron Fude wrote:

Smitty Two wrote:
In article ,
Aaron Fude wrote:

Hi,

I'm looking to upgrade from my (most) entry level Ryobi saw.

Is this a step up or essentially the same thing:

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/tls/1291619445.html

Many thanks in advance!

Looking to decide in the next hour or so.

Thanks!

Look at Griz

dicko July 31st 09 12:50 PM

Need to make a quick decision: BT 3000 SX

On Thu, 30 Jul 2009 23:04:48 -0400, Aaron Fude
wrote:

Smitty Two wrote:
In article ,
Aaron Fude wrote:

Hi,

I'm looking to upgrade from my (most) entry level Ryobi saw.

Is this a step up or essentially the same thing:

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/tls/1291619445.html

Many thanks in advance!

Looking to decide in the next hour or so.

Thanks!

Aaron

The hour is passed. What did you decide? I hope it was not to buy a saw
from a guy who types in all caps, can't spell table, and stores "brand
new" tools with such deplorable care.

I have until tomorrow morning. What about the saw itself?

I had a BT1000, the earlier version of that saw, dont waste your
money.

It has 2 failings
1. the sliding table slides on plastic bearings. there's no way to
maintain precision with that. they were always wearing.

2. the up/down adjustment is made of aluminum instead of steel. IT was
a very common problem with the saw that after a few uses things would
get clogged a bit with sawdust and cranking it up got a bit difficult.
Then all the aluminum pieces would strip and the saw blade would fall
all the way down with a clunk, never to be cranked up again. Thats
what killed mine.

Overall, it was a horrible saw that I was always fussing with, even
though I did a lot of non-precsision work with it.

A more normal contractors saw would work much better than this.

ransley August 1st 09 02:29 AM

On Jul 30, 7:48*pm, Aaron Fude wrote:
Hi,

I'm looking to upgrade from my (most) entry level Ryobi saw.

Is this a step up or essentially the same thing:

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/tls/1291619445.html

Many thanks in advance!

Looking to decide in the next hour or so.

Thanks!

Aaron

There are a few sites that review tools, pop mechanics, CR are two and
I cant remember the rest, A lazer guide and beer holder would be nice