DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Plumbing Parts Availability Question .. .. .. (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/283405-re-plumbing-parts-availability-question.html)

SMS July 30th 09 04:40 PM

Plumbing Parts Availability Question .. .. ..

wrote:

I'd be careful with the flex PVC. It is not pressure rated anywhere
near rigid PVC and I also wonder if it meets code for domestic water
use. There are millions of homes with well pumps plumbed without
anything special to handle stress flexing and problems like the OP had
are rare.

Yeah, my mistake.

Maybe use some of the flexible stainless steel water supply lines with
3/4" FIP x 3/4" MIP connectors. They use these on water heaters in
earthquake areas. These are not vinyl hoses with braiding.

"http://www.plumbingsupply.com/flexes.html" toward the middle of the page.

I have a rental property, a townhouse, where there is a connection from
PVC which runs between the meter and the property, to copper. The
connection is located outside, under a deck. I think everyone in the
complex has had the connection between the copper and PVC break at one
time due to ground movement, with the PVC connector cracking on the
threaded side. The next time it breaks I may try one of these supply lines.

No Name July 30th 09 06:01 PM

Plumbing Parts Availability Question .. .. ..

Yeah .. .. I was reading the specs on their website, and saw that it's
only rated for about 60-70PSI @ 70degF. Not so good for this
application after all.

Stormin Mormon July 30th 09 09:24 PM

Plumbing Parts Availability Question .. .. ..

Best idea, yet.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus