DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Sump Pump Costs (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/283402-sump-pump-costs.html)

cweddie96 July 30th 09 03:51 PM

Sump Pump Costs

-------------------------------------

When houses were built in my neighborhood 25 years ago in upstate NY, no
codes for sump discharge existed. Builders just connected sump discharge
to waste water pipe in basement. Now I assume the preferred discharge is
to go through foundation (or retro out through floor decking on top of
foundation) down into the ground below freeze line sloping down to the
storm drain.

I have seen a retro in the adjacent neighborhood where basically a trench
is dug in the side yard and discharge piping is run out to storm drain. I
assume this should all be done by professionals? Cost?

Smitty Two July 30th 09 04:08 PM

Sump Pump Costs

In article ,
(cweddie96) wrote:

-------------------------------------

When houses were built in my neighborhood 25 years ago in upstate NY, no
codes for sump discharge existed.

Please tell the ****wad Stuck-wad company to GO TO HELL and STOP
spamming a.h.r.

[email protected] July 30th 09 04:20 PM

Sump Pump Costs

On Jul 30, 10:51*am,
(cweddie96) wrote:
-------------------------------------

When houses were built in my neighborhood 25 years ago in upstate NY, no
codes for sump discharge existed. *Builders just connected sump discharge
to waste water pipe in basement. *Now I assume the preferred discharge is
to go through foundation (or retro out through floor decking on top of
foundation) down into the ground below freeze line sloping down to the
storm drain.

I have seen a retro in the adjacent neighborhood where basically a trench
is dug in the side yard and discharge piping is run out to storm drain. *I
assume this should all be done by professionals? *Cost?

Delivered via *http://www.thestuccocompany.com/

No reason a sump pump discharge line can't be a simple DIY project.
Normally the water can't be sent into the sanitary sewer system. In
most cases, it's just handled by discharging it away from the house
above ground in a convenient part of the property. The line comes
out of the house at or slightly above ground and slopes continually
downward, so that it will drain and not freeze. One thing you want
to be careful about is not discharging it into the street, where it
can freeze in winter and cause a hazard.

Stormin Mormon July 31st 09 03:05 AM

Sump Pump Costs

About two grand.
Posting to Usenet the normal way: priceless.

Brought to you by the Sucko company. Where everything you do
is annoying.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"cweddie96"
wrote in message

-------------------------------------

Cost?

Smitty Two July 31st 09 03:46 AM

Sump Pump Costs

In article ,
"Stormin Mormon" wrote:

About two grand.
Posting to Usenet the normal way: priceless.

Brought to you by the Sucko company. Where everything you do
is annoying.

I think stormy the mormy has me filtered. How about one of you other
roomies telling him to not repost the spammer's link, fer christ's sake.

Bob Villa July 31st 09 10:56 AM

Sump Pump Costs

sanitary sewer system

Isn't that an oxymoron like "hot water heater"? ; )

bob_v

dpb July 31st 09 01:54 PM

Sump Pump Costs

Bob Villa wrote:
sanitary sewer system

Isn't that an oxymoron like "hot water heater"? ; )

No...there are storm sewers independent from sanitary sewers amongst
others...

Bob[_37_] August 1st 09 05:15 AM

Sump Pump Costs

Bob Villa wrote:
sanitary sewer system

Isn't that an oxymoron like "hot water heater"? ; )

A sanitary sewer system takes the output of toilets, etc. to a
wastewater treatment plant. By comparison, a storm sewer system takes
rain runoff, and possibly sump pump output, to a natural waterway
without any special treatment.

Bob Villa August 1st 09 01:29 PM

Sump Pump Costs

On Jul 31, 11:15*pm, Bob wrote:
Bob Villa wrote:
sanitary sewer system

Isn't that an oxymoron like "hot water heater"? ; )

A sanitary sewer system takes the output of toilets, etc. to a
wastewater treatment plant. *By comparison, a storm sewer system takes
rain runoff, and possibly sump pump output, to a natural waterway
without any special treatment.

Again, JK...just kidding!