Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob Bob is offline

Default Plant/shrub protection while pressure washing

I plan to pressure wash the outside of my two story home in the near future.
What is the best method of protecting plants and shrubs from water damage
during this process. I have numerous large and small plants that are are
right next to the exterior walls.

Thank you,

Bob

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 15:43:57 -0700, "Bob"
wrote:

I plan to pressure wash the outside of my two story home in the near future.
What is the best method of protecting plants and shrubs from water damage
during this process. I have numerous large and small plants that are are
right next to the exterior walls.

Thank you,

Bob

A tarp works well. Or you can simply use a plastic sheet, shower
curtain, etc.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Phisherman" wrote in message
On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 15:43:57 -0700, "Bob"

A tarp works well. Or you can simply use a plastic sheet, shower
curtain, etc.

I wouldn't use plastic. I seen in my neighborhood these guys PW a house.
Within 15 minutes of covering the shrubs with plastic, the direct sun burnt
the shrubs, I'm talking brown. A breathable tarp or drop cloth would be
best.

My neighbor was not a happy camper.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Bob" wrote in message
. ..
I plan to pressure wash the outside of my two story home in the near
future. What is the best method of protecting plants and shrubs from water
damage during this process. I have numerous large and small plants that are
are right next to the exterior walls.

Thank you,

Bob

plants are sorta designed to like water. don't spray them and they'll be
fine.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 30, 10:35*am, "charlie" wrote:
"Bob" wrote in message

. ..

I plan to pressure wash the outside of my two story home in the near
future. What is the best method of protecting plants and shrubs from water
damage during this process. I have numerous large and small plants that are
are right next to the exterior walls.

Thank you,

Bob

plants are sorta designed to like water. don't spray them and they'll be
fine.

I agree. I do not cover mine. Just rinse the thoroughly and
immediately if you use soap or bleach.