Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Juno vs Halo

What brand is better and why? Or should I consider a different brand
altogether?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 28, 7:02*am, Aaron Fude wrote:
What brand is better and why? Or should I consider a different brand
altogether?

Ive always used HDs, Menards cheapest, what I put in 20-25 years ago
still works, Juno - Halo are expensive stuff.
Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

ransley wrote:
On Jul 28, 7:02 am, Aaron Fude wrote:
What brand is better and why? Or should I consider a different brand
altogether?

Ive always used HDs, Menards cheapest, what I put in 20-25 years ago
still works, Juno - Halo are expensive stuff.

It is not what is better, as they are both good, but which manufacturer
offers the sizes, types, and trims that you want. There are so many options
that you should study the on-line catalogues to see which can fill your
needs. And check actual showrooms for a final decision.

Sometimes a simple thing can make the difference. Once I had to install some
pots where there was a lot of framing within insulation. This meant I needed
ones made for burying in insulation but the outside dimensions of most
brands were too big to fit the location. A study of their catalogues found a
model that used a small inside body and had a matching outside shell that
was much smaller than other models which used the same outside shell no
matter what size inside body it contained.

Also had a problem with shower lights. Most shower trims have a metal ring,
which can rust over time. Some use an all glass exterior for shower trims,
but were available only in large formats. I finally found some 4" lights
with all glass exterior trims. It does take some detail checking rather than
a generic "this is better than that" statement.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"EXT" wrote in message
anews.com...
ransley wrote:
[...]

Except for shower applications I've found that can lights don't give off
enough light(especially with CFLs) , a PITA to install unless new
construction , are to expensive to buy and are a heat loss...JMHO....

halo patch [email protected] Home Repair 0 April 29th 08 10:37 AM
halo 2 xp patch [email protected] Home Repair 0 April 21st 08 08:58 AM
juno ic22 recessed lights [email protected] Home Repair 1 January 21st 08 08:17 PM
halo?? [email protected] Home Repair 2 January 23rd 07 09:57 AM
red halo on objects, rear projection tv [email protected] Electronics Repair 3 December 12th 04 08:07 PM