Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Power vents for a gas tank water heater

Are all the power vent kits about the same for a gas tank water
heater? Can anyone comment on the installation? Currently I have a
"gravity feed" double tube vents to the side of the house (no
chimney).
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 25, 5:43�pm, Phisherman wrote:
Are all the power vent kits about the same for a gas tank water
heater? � Can anyone comment on the installation? � Currently I have a
"gravity feed" double tube vents to the side of the house (no
chimney).

if your replacing the tank check out a vertex water heater, it has
awesome capacity, very high efficency now qualifies for 30% fed rebate
and built in power vent
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 25 Jul 2009 15:49:43 -0700 (PDT), bob haller
wrote:

On Jul 25, 5:43?pm, Phisherman wrote:
Are all the power vent kits about the same for a gas tank water
heater? ? Can anyone comment on the installation? ? Currently I have a
"gravity feed" double tube vents to the side of the house (no
chimney).

if your replacing the tank check out a vertex water heater, it has
awesome capacity, very high efficency now qualifies for 30% fed rebate
and built in power vent

If this is AOSmith, these are not sold directly to customers. Rebate
or not, it would cost me well over $1000 to contract it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Jul 25, 5:43?pm, Phisherman wrote:
Are all the power vent kits about the same for a gas tank water
heater? ? Can anyone comment on the installation? ? Currently I have a
"gravity feed" double tube vents to the side of the house (no
chimney).

if your replacing the tank check out a vertex water heater, it has
awesome capacity, very high efficency now qualifies for 30% fed rebate
and built in power vent

If this is AOSmith, these are not sold directly to customers. *Rebate
or not, it would cost me well over $1000 to contract it.

I am a homeowner not a professional plumber. I just bought an A O
Smith vertex from a local plumbing supply store, no problems. Ditto on
the capacity. I am looking forward to my tax credit. The heater costs
$1500. There is a Vertex "something" which is more efficient, has a
larger capacity and costs more than $2000. For my needs it would not
have been cost effective.
Richard
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

yeah the biggie is CXAPACITY, EFFICENCY, and the tax credit

a standard low efficency regular 75K BTU 75 gallon is about a grand,
the vertex is a cant lose decision

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed 29 Jul 2009 06:00:21a, Phisherman told us...

wrote:

On Jul 25, 5:43?pm, Phisherman wrote:
Are all the power vent kits about the same for a gas tank water
heater? ? Can anyone comment on the installation? ? Currently I have a
"gravity feed" double tube vents to the side of the house (no
chimney).

if your replacing the tank check out a vertex water heater, it has
awesome capacity, very high efficency now qualifies for 30% fed rebate
and built in power vent

If this is AOSmith, these are not sold directly to customers. Rebate
or not, it would cost me well over $1000 to contract it.

We were able to buy an AOSmith unit from out utility company.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Oil and potatoes both grow underground so french fries may have