Posted to alt.home.repair

Default threaded wire connectors

"bud--" wrote in message
JC wrote:

"bud--" wrote in message
.. .
JC wrote:

"bud--" wrote in message
.. .
JC wrote:

I have the latest code book. 2008 I believe. Could you please
point out the page that tells me that the point in question
was NOT inserted by some desk jockey? If you can, I promise,
I'll never help anyone with house inspections.

Correction, I have the NEC 2005 (NFPA 70). I might have a 2008
handbook or something. But, just open up the front cover and
read it for yourself. Desk jockeys, mostly desk jockey's with
nothing more than OPINIONS!

The code panels are electricians, contractors, inspectors, UL,
electrical engineers who design buildings and products. What
would any of them know about safe wiring?

We need the code written by the real experts, like JC.

Obviously, YOU haven't read that inside front cover.

Obviously I have.

All I said was that I "suspected" that this item in the code was
written by some desk jockey. That's because I've read the inside
front cover.

If you had reasonable intelligence and read the make-up of the
code panels at the front of the NEC you would find they are
electricians, contractors, inspectors, UL, electrical engineers
who design buildings and products. That is, people who work daily
with wiring and equipment and are familiar with electrical safety.

Cite a code panel that is not primarily electricians, contractors,
inspectors, UL, manufacturers, electrical engineers who design
buildings and products.

But not a damn one of you was able to answer my question when I
asked all of you defensive sorts to show me where that part of
the code was NOT written by some desk jockey.

I answered your question.

The code is written by electricians, contractors, inspectors, UL,
electrical engineers who design buildings and products - people
familiar with electrical safety.

Time to fulfill your pledge:

--
bud--

Well, I've already fulfilled that one as I've never, nor intend to
ever waste my time on inspecting someone's house.

What a surprise - an empty promise.

Now, why don't we play like we're a bunch of 5 year old kids and
see how long we can keep this ****ing match tit for tat bull****
going? Want to?

What a surprise - no citation of 'desk jockeys' on code panels:
"Cite a code panel that is not primarily electricians, contractors,
inspectors, UL, manufacturers, electrical engineers who design
buildings and products."

Apparently you are conceding you are full of crap, as everyone has
concluded.

--
bud--

Is that a yes?

Posted to alt.home.repair

JC wrote:

"bud--" wrote in message
JC wrote:

"bud--" wrote in message
.. .
JC wrote:

"bud--" wrote in message
.. .
JC wrote:

[...]

panels at the front of the NEC you would find they are electricians,
[...]

Geez - you still can't find any of your desk jockeys??????

Why do you suppose everyone is disagreeing with you????

Oh - and where are you a volunteer fireman. I would like to use the
appropriate travel consideration.

--
bud--

Posted to alt.home.repair

"bud--" wrote in message
.. .
JC wrote:

"bud--" wrote in message
JC wrote:

"bud--" wrote in message
.. .
JC wrote:

"bud--" wrote in message
.. .
JC wrote:

[...]

people familiar with electrical safety.

Time to fulfill your pledge:
[...]

I'm not looking for them.

Why do you suppose everyone is disagreeing with you????

About what?

Oh - and where are you a volunteer fireman. I would like to use the
appropriate travel consideration.

Why, do you start fires?

--
bud--

Posted to alt.home.repair

"JC" wrote in message

"bud--" wrote in message
.. .
JC wrote:

"bud--" wrote in message
JC wrote:

"bud--" wrote in message
.. .
JC wrote:

"bud--" wrote in message
.. .
JC wrote:

[...]

PS: Here's the national electrical code committee and all the panels.
Can ya tell me just one name that's not a desk jockey? And, as I don't
think you've read it, if ya like, I'll scan in the inside front cover
of the NEC so you can see how you keep putting your foot in your
mouth.

Posted to alt.home.repair

JC wrote:

PS: Here's the national electrical code committee and all the panels.
Can ya tell me just one name that's not a desk jockey? And, as I don't
think you've read it, if ya like, I'll scan in the inside front cover of
the NEC so you can see how you keep putting your foot in your mouth.

Unlike you, I am involved in the electrical industry and understand the
code writing process. I have read proposals and panel comments and
decisions that you don't know exist.

Still missing:
"Cite a code panel that is not primarily electricians, contractors,
inspectors, UL, manufacturers, electrical engineers who design buildings
and products."

Maybe you could just find a few code panel participants that are not
electricians, contractors, inspectors, UL, manufacturers, electrical
engineers who design buildings and products. That is, people who work
daily with electrical safety.

And not explained - why did all 7 people who responded to your posts
disagree with you. A remarkable accomplishment.

--
bud--

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default threaded wire connectors WAGO connectors

Aaron Fude posted for all of us...

snipped

Anyone used these? Select your poison..

http://www.wago.us/products/325.htm

--
Tekkie Don't bother to thank me, I do this as a public service.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Tekkie® wrote:
Aaron Fude posted for all of us...

snipped

Anyone used these? Select your poison..

http://www.wago.us/products/325.htm

Yea, I have a bunch that I recovered from a job where
the electricians had no clue how to use them. The things
were included with the new light fixtures. I love the
small push in connectors sold by Ideal for changing out
ballasts in fluorescent fixtures.

http://www.idealindustries.com/products/oem/push-in/

TDD