Posted to alt.home.repair

Default adjust motion sensor light...

presently, my motion sensor security light will go on (detect movement
and switch on) both during the day and the night. I would like to know
how to adjust it so that it will go on only from dusk to dawn.

it has two knobs : one for sensitivity and the other one light-dark. i
played with the latter one but it does not seem to make any
difference...
Posted to alt.home.repair

"ah-ha" wrote in message
presently, my motion sensor security light will go on (detect movement
and switch on) both during the day and the night. I would like to know
how to adjust it so that it will go on only from dusk to dawn.

it has two knobs : one for sensitivity and the other one light-dark. i
played with the latter one but it does not seem to make any
difference...

If you turned the light-dark knob all the way to the dark setting, and it
still comes on during daylight, it's defective

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 19, 11:42*pm, ah-ha wrote:
presently, my motion sensor security light will go on (detect movement
and switch on) both during the day and the night. I would like to know
how to adjust it so that it will go on only from dusk to dawn.

it has two knobs : one for sensitivity and the other one light-dark. i
played with the latter one but it does not seem to make any
difference...

Some have electric eyes, some don't, to not come on in the day, it
must have this feature. I accidentally bought a couple with out the
electric eye, I put them in my shop, they come on in the daytime, but
I don't mind the extra light there,and it sure beats stumbling around
when you go in there at night. Another good place is a well house,
maybe even a big closet, with appropriate bulbs.