Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Ceiling speakers in a bathroom?

Hi,

If I would like to put ceiling speakers in my bathroom, but about 3 feet
away from the shower - should I worry about wetness or any ceiling
speakers will do?

Many thanks in advance,

Aaron Fude
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Aaron Fude" wrote in message
Hi,

If I would like to put ceiling speakers in my bathroom, but about 3 feet
away from the shower - should I worry about wetness or any ceiling
speakers will do?

Many thanks in advance,

Aaron Fude

I'd think the high humidity during showering would be the main problem.
There are specialized speakers marketed for outdoors use-- probably with
diaphragms and components that won't be harmed by those kind of conditions.
You may give up a little fidelity-- but then again, they'll still sound much
better than you singing in she shower.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 17, 2:45*pm, Aaron Fude wrote:
Hi,

If I would like to put ceiling speakers in my bathroom, but about 3 feet
away from the shower - should I worry about wetness or any ceiling
speakers will do?

Many thanks in advance,

Aaron Fude

Try this site:

http://tinyurl.com/kktdup
Posted to alt.home.repair

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message
On Jul 17, 2:45 pm, Aaron Fude wrote:
Hi,

If I would like to put ceiling speakers in my bathroom, but about 3 feet
away from the shower - should I worry about wetness or any ceiling
speakers will do?

Many thanks in advance,

Aaron Fude

Try this site:

http://tinyurl.com/kktdup

Too cool! How did you do that?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 17, 8:19*pm, "William Munny" wrote:
"DerbyDad03" wrote in message

On Jul 17, 2:45 pm, Aaron Fude wrote:

Hi,

If I would like to put ceiling speakers in my bathroom, but about 3 feet
away from the shower - should I worry about wetness or any ceiling
speakers will do?

Many thanks in advance,

Aaron Fude

Try this site:

http://tinyurl.com/kktdup

Too cool! How did you do that?

Have seen some 'marine' speakers; $35 for a pair IIRC. These are
probably designed to fit in or near the console of typical watercraft.
Try marine catalogue and/or googling for marine speakers.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 17, 2:45*pm, Aaron Fude wrote:
Hi,

If I would like to put ceiling speakers in my bathroom, but about 3 feet
away from the shower - should I worry about wetness or any ceiling
speakers will do?

Many thanks in advance,

Aaron Fude

I doubt 3 feet away will do damage. As long as you have a fan on, and
you are not using your bathroom as a sauna, it should be fine.
Then again if you have your fan on , you probably have to raise the
volume of your speaker, so try to get a quiet fan.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Mike rock wrote:
On Jul 17, 2:45 pm, Aaron Fude wrote:
Hi,

If I would like to put ceiling speakers in my bathroom, but about 3 feet
away from the shower - should I worry about wetness or any ceiling
speakers will do?

Many thanks in advance,

Aaron Fude

I doubt 3 feet away will do damage. As long as you have a fan on, and
you are not using your bathroom as a sauna, it should be fine.
Then again if you have your fan on , you probably have to raise the
volume of your speaker, so try to get a quiet fan.

Hmmm,
I'd choose a speaker with out door type weather proofing. ie. non-paper
cone material. My Sauna has stereo speakers on the ceiling with CD
player/Radio combo. No problem.
Posted to alt.home.repair

If I would like to put ceiling speakers in my bathroom, but about 3 feet
away from the shower - should I worry about wetness or any ceiling
speakers will do?

Dunno. Just how wild do you and the Missus get in the shower? Get an
exterior grade speaker.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

"William Munny" wrote in message
"DerbyDad03" wrote in message
On Jul 17, 2:45 pm, Aaron Fude wrote:
Hi,

If I would like to put ceiling speakers in my bathroom, but about 3 feet
away from the shower - should I worry about wetness or any ceiling
speakers will do?

Many thanks in advance,

Aaron Fude

Try this site:

http://tinyurl.com/kktdup

Too cool! How did you do that?

Don't worry. It's for stupid people who don't know an answer, so they
simply say, "Go to Google." Only now, they have it animated ............

yawn .......................

Posted to alt.home.repair

Mike rock wrote:

I doubt 3 feet away will do damage. As long as you have a fan on, and
you are not using your bathroom as a sauna, it should be fine.
Then again if you have your fan on , you probably have to raise the
volume of your speaker, so try to get a quiet fan.

If you want quiet, look at Panasonic ceiling fans. We put one in our
kitchen and it's so quiet that it gets left on quite often because we can't
hear it, yet it moves plenty of air. I wish we'd known about them when we
were doing the bathroom, the one in there is plenty audible.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 17, 1:45*pm, Aaron Fude wrote:
Hi,

If I would like to put ceiling speakers in my bathroom, but about 3 feet
away from the shower - should I worry about wetness or any ceiling
speakers will do?

Many thanks in advance,

Aaron Fude

The speakers in cars are subject to high moisture especialy the ones
in your doors. But few speakers made have paper cones or components
that cant handle high moisture or humidity. A good car speaker might
outlast you.

Bathroom ceiling and lights Pete Verdon UK diy 12 January 19th 09 10:45 PM
Bathroom Ceiling Steve Walford UK diy 13 September 29th 07 03:43 PM
Wireless Speakers: RCA Speakers Only Work when on Same Electrical Outlet as Transmitter / What is Problem? Lin Electronics Repair 11 April 24th 07 09:37 PM
Bathroom ceiling Paul Andrews UK diy 15 November 22nd 05 07:33 PM
bathroom ceiling Jim Walsh UK diy 4 April 28th 04 06:48 PM