DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   What's the difference between Red Rosin paper and Brown builders paper? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/282484-whats-difference-between-red-rosin-paper-brown-builders-paper.html)

blueman July 16th 09 03:02 AM

What's the difference between Red Rosin paper and Brown builders paper?

The borg has rolls of both right next to each other. Minor differences
in width and length of roles.

I know that red rosin paper was traditionally used beneath hardwood
floors.

But is there any practical difference (other than color) in the two
types of paper? Do their recommended uses differ?

Thanks

Larry The Snake Guy July 16th 09 06:13 AM

What's the difference between Red Rosin paper and Brown builderspaper?

I use the brown paper as substrate in snake cages. The red is waxed
(rosened?), which makes it useless for this because it doesn't absorb
water. I assume it's supposed to be waterproof, but I don't know what
it's actually used for.