Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Fastening Corrugated Metal Roofing

I have a lean-to that was originally covered with that cheap
translucent green corrugated fiberglass material. It's leaking pretty
bad. I've got friends who want to keep stuff in this lean-to and
they're volunteering to put up steel if I buy the materials.

My pole barn is probably 20 years old and has the steel fastened
through the ribs. Newer pole barns have the steel fastened through the
valleys.

How are the kids doing it these days, and which way is "right?"
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 15, 1:55*pm, wrote:
I have a lean-to that was originally covered with that cheap
translucent green corrugated fiberglass material. It's leaking pretty
bad. I've got friends who want to keep stuff in this lean-to and
they're volunteering to put up steel if I buy the materials.

My pole barn is probably 20 years old and has the steel fastened
through the ribs. Newer pole barns have the steel fastened through the
valleys.

How are the kids doing it these days, and which way is "right?"

Are you using R-panel or corrugated? R-panel is fastened in the
valleys with rubber washered screws, Traditionally Corrugated is
fastened with nails on the ridge, but what a pain in the ass. It might
not be bad with a nail gun, or even with long screws. The main
deciding factor is the material you are screwing into, wood and metal
take different screws.