Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT - AT&T Usenet officialy gone

http://tinyurl.com/n9t4tb

I'm as mad as the third monkey on Noah's gangplank.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"1D10T" wrote in message
http://tinyurl.com/n9t4tb

Oh - it's from the AT&T Customer *CARE* Team. Your World. Delivered.

I'm as mad as the third monkey on Noah's gangplank.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"1D10T" wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/n9t4tb

I'm as mad as the third monkey on Noah's gangplank.

Why?- there are better servers for free- and plenty of *way* better
servers for next to nothing. [I think I pay $15/yr for Usenet service
from someone who understands what Usenet is]

Even when it was being Beta tested as Worldnet and the beta testing
feedback groups were on Usenet, the PTB hadn't a clue about Usenet.

Jim
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Jim Elbrecht" wrote in message
"1D10T" wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/n9t4tb

I'm as mad as the third monkey on Noah's gangplank.

Why?- there are better servers for free- and plenty of *way* better
servers for next to nothing. [I think I pay $15/yr for Usenet service
from someone who understands what Usenet is]

Anticipating this, two weeks ago I subscribed to Giganews for $8/mo., with
full binaries, unlimited downloads and 365 day retention.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"1D10T" wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/n9t4tb

I'm as mad as the third monkey on Noah's gangplank.

Why?- there are better servers for free- and plenty of *way* better
servers for next to nothing. [I think I pay $15/yr for Usenet service
from someone who understands what Usenet is]

Anticipating this, two weeks ago I subscribed to Giganews for $8/mo., with
full binaries, unlimited downloads and 365 day retention.

I went for the $3 service and I'm only using a tiny portion of the allowed
amount.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"1D10T" wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/n9t4tb

I'm as mad as the third monkey on Noah's gangplank.

Why?- there are better servers for free- and plenty of *way* better
servers for next to nothing. [I think I pay $15/yr for Usenet service
from someone who understands what Usenet is]

Anticipating this, two weeks ago I subscribed to Giganews for $8/mo., with
full binaries, unlimited downloads and 365 day retention.

I went with the 3 buck a month plan, since I'm not a binary collector,
but may want something once in a while. I wouldn't be ****ed with ATT if
they dropped the price, but I am now paying 8 bucks a month for just an
ATT emaill address. (I can't get DSL from ATT, so I use my 3rd party DSL
to get to them. ) If I could remember all the places where I have that
address out as my point of contact, I'd tell ATT to get lost. All these
'powered by Yahoo' home page features are useless noise to me. If I
wanted crap like that, I'd sign up for AOL.

--
aem sends...
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 15, 7:06�pm, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
"1D10T" wrote in message

"Jim Elbrecht" wrote in message
.. .
"1D10T" wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/n9t4tb

I'm as mad as the third monkey on Noah's gangplank.

Why?- there are better servers for free- and plenty of *way* better
servers for next to nothing. [I think I pay $15/yr for Usenet service
from someone who understands what Usenet is]

Anticipating this, two weeks ago I subscribed to Giganews for $8/mo., with
full binaries, unlimited downloads and 365 day retention.

I went for the $3 service and I'm only using a tiny portion of the allowed
amount.- Hide quoted text -

AOL is FREE thats what I am using........ to post this here

Posted to alt.home.repair

"1D10T" wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/n9t4tb
I'm as mad as the third monkey on Noah's gangplank.
Why?- there are better servers for free- and plenty of *way* better
servers for next to nothing. [I think I pay $15/yr for Usenet service
from someone who understands what Usenet is]
Anticipating this, two weeks ago I subscribed to Giganews for $8/mo., with
full binaries, unlimited downloads and 365 day retention.

I went for the $3 service and I'm only using a tiny portion of the allowed
amount.- Hide quoted text -

AOL is FREE thats what I am using........ to post this here

AOL is your ISP (such as it is). You are using Google Groups to post,
which is better than nothing, but not by much.

--
aem sends...
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 15, 9:46�pm, aemeijers wrote:
bob haller wrote:
On Jul 15, 7:06 pm, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:

om...

"1D10T" wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/n9t4tb
I'm as mad as the third monkey on Noah's gangplank.
Why?- there are better servers for free- and plenty of *way* better
servers for next to nothing. [I think I pay $15/yr for Usenet service
from someone who understands what Usenet is]
Anticipating this, two weeks ago I subscribed to Giganews for $8/mo., with
full binaries, unlimited downloads and 365 day retention.
I went for the $3 service and I'm only using a tiny portion of the allowed
amount.- Hide quoted text -

AOL is FREE thats what I am using........ to post this here

AOL is your ISP (such as it is). You are using Google Groups to post,
which is better than nothing, but not by much.

--
aem sends...- Hide quoted text -

so what advantages do other providers have?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

"1D10T" wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/n9t4tb
I'm as mad as the third monkey on Noah's gangplank.
Why?- there are better servers for free- and plenty of *way* better
servers for next to nothing. [I think I pay $15/yr for Usenet service
from someone who understands what Usenet is]
Anticipating this, two weeks ago I subscribed to Giganews for $8/mo., with
full binaries, unlimited downloads and 365 day retention.
I went for the $3 service and I'm only using a tiny portion of the allowed
amount.- Hide quoted text -
AOL is FREE thats what I am using........ to post this here
AOL is your ISP (such as it is). You are using Google Groups to post,
which is better than nothing, but not by much.

--
aem sends...- Hide quoted text -

so what advantages do other providers have?

Mostly binary support

If you are using the AOL client software, and not just getting to AOL
using explorer, your machine is loaded down (and slowed down) with what
amounts to popup ad generator. They went free because nobody would pay
for it anymore, and depend on ads for their income. I regard the AOL
software as a virus, and since it is close to impossible to uninstall,
Nuke and Reload is the indicated cure. As to Google Groups- tolerable
for reading, but painful to compose a reply or new post with, and many
old-school Usenetters will never see your posts, since they block
anything coming from Google, due to the amount of spam that comes from
there.

--
aem sends...

Posted to alt.home.repair

"aemeijers" wrote in message

If you are using the AOL client software, and not just getting to AOL
using explorer, your machine is loaded down (and slowed down) with what
amounts to popup ad generator. They went free because nobody would pay for
it anymore, and depend on ads for their income. I regard the AOL software
as a virus, and since it is close to impossible to uninstall, Nuke and
Reload is the indicated cure. As to Google Groups- tolerable for reading,
but painful to compose a reply or new post with, and many old-school
Usenetters will never see your posts, since they block anything coming
from Google, due to the amount of spam that comes from there.

AOL, politicians, lobbyists, TV wrestling programs, any kind of solicitors
and lawyers are banned from my premises. I wouldn't take free water from any
of them if my balls were on fire.

Posted to alt.home.repair

My ISP is AT&T and they cut off Usenet services on July 15, 2009. I
got a free account from Eternal-September and setup the server in
Agent. It works and it's free! I don't see any reason to pay for
Usenet service.

Server name: news.eternal-septermber.org
You must have a username and password specified in Agent for it to
work.