Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Water Heater Supply Line clearance?

Was wondering if anyone has an answer to this. When using the flexible hot
water lines made by fluidmaster. The ones with the rubber core & braided
steel cover. What is the minimum distance they can be from asingle wall
water heater vent line. I would think a minimum of 6" but I cannot find
anywhere that documents that & you know how it is trying to contact the
company. Does anyone have & answer & possibly written proof/Specs?
-------------------------------------

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Jul 14, 6:16*am, (tim2100)
wrote:
Was wondering if anyone has an answer to this. When using the flexible hot
water lines made by fluidmaster. The ones with the rubber core & braided
steel cover. What is the minimum distance they can be from asingle wall
water heater vent line. I would think a minimum of 6" but I cannot find
anywhere that documents that & you know how it is trying to contact the
company. Does anyone have & answer & possibly written proof/Specs?

Try a phone call to the manufacturer customer service. Be brave. You
may actually find it isn't all that hard to do. You may not get a
definitive answer, so bounce the question to your local building
inspection people. Beyond that, vent lines don't all that hot and 6"
is likely to be perfectly proper.

Joe
Posted to alt.home.repair

tim2100 had written this in response to
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/main...ce-383831-.htm
:

tim2100 wrote:

Was wondering if anyone has an answer to this. When using the flexible
hot
water lines made by fluidmaster. The ones with the rubber core &
braided
steel cover. What is the minimum distance they can be from asingle wall
water heater vent line. I would think a minimum of 6" but I cannot
find
anywhere that documents that & you know how it is trying to contact
the
company. Does anyone have & answer & possibly written
proof/Specs?
-------------------------------------

Delivered via
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/
Web
and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup -
alt.home.repair - 363955 messages
and counting!

-------------------------------------

Update: I talked to a local plumber & he stated that the local code says
these types of lines have to be 18" away from single wall vent lines.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Jul 14, 9:24*pm, (tim2100)
wrote:
tim2100 had written this in response tohttp://www.thestuccocompany.com/maintenance/Water-Heater-Supply-Line-...
*:

tim2100 wrote:
[...]

Delivered via *http://www.thestuccocompany.com/

If the vent line is in the center (naturally) that means the heater
inlet/outlets take a right angle for a few inches, then another right
angle if they go vertical as most do. This puts the connecting pipes
18" + 18" + 4" apart, some 40" in simple math. I have never seen any
installation like that. So there must be some other clever geometric
arrangement or the local code is wrong. Enlighten, please.

Joe