Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Threaded caps

All my po' life I've been dealing with threaded caps on containers of
everything from medicine to mayonnaise.

They come off easily enough for the most part. Not so for
replacement: they often cross-thread. Damn near requires a
microscope to get the cap on my Briggs/Stratton gas tank to thread
properly. I wonder how many hours per life one spends with fiddlin'
replacement of threaded caps?

Anyone recall the early child-proof caps on OTC medicines like aspirin?
There was a little arrow on the cap, another on the container. When the
arrows were aligned, the cap could be replaced.

The other night I had a crazy dream that I had ascended to heaven.
'Twas just like it is here, except there wasn't any politicians,
mortgage companies, advertisements, divorce lawyers. And all the
containers and caps had those little arrows on 'em: all ya had to do
was glance down, align arrows, and the caps would replace muy
pronto.

So much for crazy dreams! :-)

AQ

"The monkey and the baboon was playing 7-up.
The monkey won the money but he scared to pick it up.
The monkey stumbled, mama.
The baboon fell.
The monkey grab the money and he run like hell!"
- from "Dirty Motherfuyer", Roosevelt Sykes, around 1935