DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Mildew on or in silicone sealant (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/282219-mildew-silicone-sealant.html)

Ed Sowell July 12th 09 04:45 PM

Mildew on or in silicone sealant

This is in a shower constructed with a cultured marble-like substance called
Granitex. The joints are sealed with a clear silicone sealant. Some area
have blackened.

I've read that mildew resistant or free silicone sealants are available, but
thought I'd look into alternatives before replacing it.

TIA

Ed