Posted to alt.home.repair

Default AC compressor mounted on bracket?

On Tue, 07 Jul 2009 20:18:43 -0400, Bryce
wrote:

Ryan Homes is building a bunch of homes nearby. The basement
walls are poured concrete and the AC compressor is supported
by a hefty bracket bolted to the wall - a foot or so above grade.

Why are they doing this instead of putting the compressor on
the ground? It seems to me that a lot of noise gets coupled
into the house when it's done this way, plus cost of bracket
and mounting labor. What am I missing?

I have not had any problem with this setup on my current home.
Little sound and vibration come into the home. I might add that if it
is not properly installed, it can transmit a fair amount of noise and
vibration however. I had to do a little adjusting to tune it out.