DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   What is this green bag with a yellow top in my neighbors yard? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/282128-what-green-bag-yellow-top-my-neighbors-yard.html)

gore[_3_] July 10th 09 11:21 PM

What is this green bag with a yellow top in my neighbors yard?

It doesn't look very decorative so I think it must serve some other purpose.
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...d/greenbag.jpg

Thanks,
Shane

Stormin Mormon July 10th 09 11:37 PM

What is this green bag with a yellow top in my neighbors yard?

I've seen that kind of thing. There is a scent that attracts
some kind of insect. The dead insects collect in the bag.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Oren[_2_] July 10th 09 11:41 PM

What is this green bag with a yellow top in my neighbors yard?

On Fri, 10 Jul 2009 17:21:22 -0400, "gore"
wrote:

It doesn't look very decorative so I think it must serve some other purpose.
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...d/greenbag.jpg

Thanks,
Shane

Maybe mind you own business and you won't be minding his?

gore[_3_] July 10th 09 11:42 PM

.

"gore" wrote in message
It doesn't look very decorative so I think it must serve
some other purpose.
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...d/greenbag.jpg

Thanks,
Shane

I thought it might be something like that. I wasn't sure if it was a
mosquito collector or if it was for a certain kind of bug.

Thanks,
Shane

gore[_3_] July 10th 09 11:44 PM

wrote:

It doesn't look very decorative so I think it must serve some other
purpose.
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...d/greenbag.jpg

Thanks,
Shane

Maybe mind you own business and you won't be minding his?

I thought about that too, but curiosity got the better of me.

Thanks,
Shane

gore[_3_] July 10th 09 11:47 PM

"BQ340" wrote in message
gore wrote:
It doesn't look very decorative so I think it must serve some other
purpose.
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...d/greenbag.jpg

Thanks,
Shane

That is a Japanese beetle trap.

MikeB

AH HAH! That might be why I saw a Japanese beetle on the same window I took
that picture from.Or, they saw some beetles on their windows and put the bag
there.

Thanks,
Shane

[email protected][_2_] July 11th 09 12:14 AM

gore wrote:
"BQ340" wrote in message
gore wrote:
It doesn't look very decorative so I think it must serve some other
purpose.
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...d/greenbag.jpg

Thanks,
Shane

That is a Japanese beetle trap.

MikeB

AH HAH! That might be why I saw a Japanese beetle on the same window I took
that picture from.Or, they saw some beetles on their windows and put the bag
there.

Thanks,
Shane

I tried those once - they seemed to attract every Japanese beetle for
miles around - I could see them coming across several neighbors' yards.
Later read that they aren't effective unless used over a wide area,
because they have such an attractant. Enjoy. :o)

Raymond J. Johnson, Jr. July 11th 09 12:27 AM

BQ340 wrote:
gore wrote:
It doesn't look very decorative so I think it must serve some other
purpose.
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...d/greenbag.jpg

Thanks,
Shane

That is a Japanese beetle trap.

MikeB

Is it a Japanese-beetle trap or a Japanese beetle-trap?

Sanity[_4_] July 11th 09 12:44 AM

"gore" wrote in message
It doesn't look very decorative so I think it must serve some other
purpose.
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...d/greenbag.jpg

Thanks,
Shane

Did it ever cross your mind to walk over to your neighbor and ask him? A
hell of a lot easier than asking a whole bunch of strangers on the Usenet.

Oren[_2_] July 11th 09 12:57 AM

What is this green bag with a yellow top in my neighbors yard?

On Fri, 10 Jul 2009 18:44:33 -0400, "Sanity"
wrote:

Did it ever cross your mind to walk over to your neighbor and ask him? A
hell of a lot easier than asking a whole bunch of strangers on the Usenet.

Why would he do that? The photo was behind the screen.

The poster could be deathly afraid of his neighbor.

Phisherman[_2_] July 11th 09 01:47 AM

wrote:

It doesn't look very decorative so I think it must serve some other purpose.
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...d/greenbag.jpg

Thanks,
Shane

Looks like a Japanese beetle trap.

gore[_3_] July 11th 09 02:10 AM

wrote:

Did it ever cross your mind to walk over to your neighbor and ask him? A
hell of a lot easier than asking a whole bunch of strangers on the Usenet.

Why would he do that? The photo was behind the screen.

The poster could be deathly afraid of his neighbor.

OK, now why does it have to come to this. I would go to my neighbors house
and ask him this (we are on good terms), but he is disabled. It would take
him a lot longer to answer the door or the telephone than it did for me to
post on Usenet. As a matter of fact it was a lot easier for me to post this
on Usenet just like it is a lot easier for a douchebag to talk **** to
someone behind a monitor on Usenet. I was just curious and you didn't have
the answer. **** off!

Thanks,
Shane

The Daring Dufas[_7_] July 11th 09 02:23 AM

wrote:

It doesn't look very decorative so I think it must serve some other purpose.
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...d/greenbag.jpg

Thanks,
Shane

Looks like a Japanese beetle trap.

How would Yoko Ono fit in the damn thing?

TDD

gore[_3_] July 11th 09 02:33 AM

wrote:

It doesn't look very decorative so I think it must serve some other
purpose.
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...d/greenbag.jpg

Thanks,
Shane

Looks like a Japanese beetle trap.

How would Yoko Ono fit in the damn thing?

TDD

HAHA I know some Japanese women wrap their feet up real tight to keep them
small. Feet first.

Thanks,
Shane

ransley July 11th 09 02:52 AM

On Jul 10, 4:21*pm, "gore" wrote:
It doesn't look very decorative so I think it must serve some other purpose.http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...d/greenbag.jpg

Thanks,
Shane

A Japanese beetle trap, but they attract them to your yard, so you get
more beetles. It should be put far away.

Oren[_2_] July 11th 09 03:17 AM

What is this green bag with a yellow top in my neighbors yard?

On Fri, 10 Jul 2009 20:10:50 -0400, "gore"
wrote:

As a matter of fact it was a lot easier for me to post this
on Usenet just like it is a lot easier for a douchebag to talk **** to
someone behind a monitor on Usenet. I was just curious and you didn't have
the answer. **** off!

Thanks,
Shane

I won't mind if you put your temper in check.

Who attacked you, other than typing?

You speak of curiosity - I'm curious.

Don't like my answer, send for a refund to the group treasury.

Smitty Two July 11th 09 03:33 AM

What is this green bag with a yellow top in my neighbors yard?

In article ,
Oren wrote:

Don't like my answer, send for a refund to the group treasury.

But expect an IOU. I'm the a.h.r. treasurer, and we're broke!

gore[_3_] July 11th 09 03:58 AM

wrote:

As a matter of fact it was a lot easier for me to post this
on Usenet just like it is a lot easier for a douchebag to talk **** to
someone behind a monitor on Usenet. I was just curious and you didn't have
the answer. **** off!

Thanks,
Shane

I won't mind if you put your temper in check.

Who attacked you, other than typing?

You speak of curiosity - I'm curious.

Don't like my answer, send for a refund to the group treasury.

I believe my temper was in check, and I don't need a refund because I got an
answer. You had no grounds for an attack because you had no answer, in which
case you should have just kept your mouth shut. I **** on your refund and
your group treasury. I don't need any of it.

Thanks,
Shane

Stormin Mormon July 11th 09 04:14 AM

What is this green bag with a yellow top in my neighbors yard?

Bake a big ass plate of chocolate chip cookies. Go knock on
the door, welcome to the neighborhood. And, by the way,
what's that thing on the lawn that looks like a world war
two bomb that got dropped from a green and yellow plane?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Stormin Mormon July 11th 09 04:15 AM

What is this green bag with a yellow top in my neighbors yard?

Well, d'uh, for lard butt American beetles, you got to use a
33 gal trash can to fit em in.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Stormin Mormon July 11th 09 04:16 AM

What is this green bag with a yellow top in my neighbors yard?

No damage done. Once in a while, I get to wondering about
things. Lucky me, I'm a repairman, and I get to take stuff
apart and see what makes it work.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Stormin Mormon July 11th 09 04:17 AM

What is this green bag with a yellow top in my neighbors yard?

Please go ask your neighbor where he bought it, and go buy a
couple for your yard. Then, say "Sayonara, beetle".

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Stormin Mormon July 11th 09 04:18 AM

What is this green bag with a yellow top in my neighbors yard?

Ah, but the bag is just in her memory. It's not life size.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in
message ...

Stormin Mormon July 11th 09 04:20 AM

What is this green bag with a yellow top in my neighbors yard?

Second thought, don't get a Japanese bug bag. You need to
learn some manners, and the Japanese are very good at
teaching manners to those who are willing to listen. Having
some Japanese bugs around may do you some good.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

gore[_3_] July 11th 09 04:48 AM

"gore" wrote in message

I **** on your refund and
your group treasury. I don't need any of it.

Thanks,
Shane

I thought Oren was the teacher here. My bad.

Thanks,
Shane

Ed Pawlowski July 11th 09 05:09 AM

"gore" wrote in message
It doesn't look very decorative so I think it must serve some other
purpose.
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...d/greenbag.jpg

Thanks,
Shane

Since this is a home repair newsgroup. feel free to ask why your screen
won't go up. If it did, you'd be able to take better pictures.

willshak July 11th 09 05:15 AM

on 7/10/2009 5:37 PM (ET) Stormin Mormon wrote the following:
I've seen that kind of thing. There is a scent that attracts
some kind of insect. The dead insects collect in the bag.

Japanese Beetles.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Bob M. July 11th 09 03:58 PM

wrote:

It doesn't look very decorative so I think it must serve some other
purpose.
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...d/greenbag.jpg

Thanks,
Shane

Maybe mind you own business and you won't be minding his?

I thought about that too, but curiosity got the better of me.

Thanks,
Shane

They're traps for Japanese beetles.

Red Green July 11th 09 04:03 PM

What is this green bag with a yellow top in my neighbors yard?

"gore" wrote in
:

It doesn't look very decorative so I think it must serve some other
purpose.
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...d/greenbag.jpg

Thanks,
Shane

Taking pics of neighbors stuff from inside your house through the screen?
Geesh!

Why not just ask next time you cross outdoors? Maybe answer is neighbor
doesn't want anything to do with people who covertly take pics of
them/property/belongings. Well, I wouldn't anyway.

Red Green July 11th 09 04:06 PM

What is this green bag with a yellow top in my neighbors yard?

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in news:E7GdnWw-
:

"gore" wrote in message
It doesn't look very decorative so I think it must serve some other
purpose.
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...d/greenbag.jpg

Thanks,
Shane

Since this is a home repair newsgroup. feel free to ask why your screen
won't go up. If it did, you'd be able to take better pictures.

chuckle/snicker :-)

Red Green July 11th 09 04:07 PM

What is this green bag with a yellow top in my neighbors yard?

TD wrote in news:009f36e7$0$1722$c3e8da3
@news.astraweb.com:

"gore" wrote in
:

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...d/greenbag.jpg

It's a spy machine to see if you're taking photos out your window.

Is it the model with radar included?

Mark[_8_] July 11th 09 11:52 PM

What is this green bag with a yellow top in my neighbors yard?

Like you, I assumed A) the neighbor was new and the OP didn't know him well
enough to ask about it, or B) there was some sort of neighborhood feud and
the real concern was that the device was something used to gather data for
the neighbor's use in doing battle (or worse!)

David Nebenzahl July 12th 09 01:27 AM

What is this green bag with a yellow top in my neighbors yard?

On 7/10/2009 3:27 PM Raymond J. Johnson, Jr. spake thus:

BQ340 wrote:

gore wrote:

It doesn't look very decorative so I think it must serve some other
purpose.
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...d/greenbag.jpg

That is a Japanese beetle trap.

Is it a Japanese-beetle trap or a Japanese beetle-trap?

I was thinking a Japanese Beatle trap ...

Oren[_2_] July 12th 09 02:28 AM

What is this green bag with a yellow top in my neighbors yard?

On Sat, 11 Jul 2009 16:27:21 -0700, David Nebenzahl
wrote:

That is a Japanese beetle trap.

Is it a Japanese-beetle trap or a Japanese beetle-trap?

I was thinking a Japanese Beatle trap ...

I was thinking it was the neighbor's beetle trap.

DerbyDad03 July 12th 09 07:23 AM

On Jul 11, 3:01*pm, "skeeter" wrote:
"gore" wrote in message

It doesn't look very decorative so I think it must serve some other
purpose.
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...d/greenbag.jpg

Thanks,
Shane