Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Paint overspray prevention?

Perce,

We do it all the time. If I have any concerns I have my helper stand about
15 or 20 feet away and watch which way the over spray is going during the
first few blasts of the gun. You can also turn down the pressure and buy a
tip that has a lower out put of paint to minimize over spray.

If your neighbors house is a single story you might buy a roll of very thin
plastic sheeting that comes in 9' wide by either 400' or 600' lengths for
$15 to $20 bucks. Use blue painters tape and cover the side of their house.
The plastic comes in a red and white box at HD or Lowe's.

Always have the hose nearby.

Painters do this every day. The nay sayers are just wrong.

Magnums are great pumps for the money. After cleaning run a mixture of
automotive anti freeze and water thru the pump and gun to lubricate and
prevent the innards from rusting.

cm

"Percival P. Cassidy" wrote in message
I have not so far used my Magnum paint sprayer, but when my wife mentioned
to our neighbor that I was planning to use it to paint our wood siding, she
(the neighbor) expressed great concern that the overspray would pollute
their new-last-year vinyl siding. Our end walls face each other about 20ft
apart.

I am planning to practice first on our shed, which is well away from their
house, but are there any general tips for preventing overspray? --
apart from the obvious warning not to spray when the wind is blowing in
their direction. I'll be using latex paints, if that makes a difference.

Perce

Posted to alt.home.repair

"cm" wrote in
:

Perce,

We do it all the time. If I have any concerns I have my helper stand
about 15 or 20 feet away and watch which way the over spray is going
during the first few blasts of the gun. You can also turn down the
pressure and buy a tip that has a lower out put of paint to minimize
over spray.

If your neighbors house is a single story you might buy a roll of very
thin plastic sheeting that comes in 9' wide by either 400' or 600'
lengths for $15 to $20 bucks. Use blue painters tape and cover the
side of their house. The plastic comes in a red and white box at HD or
Lowe's.

Always have the hose nearby.

Painters do this every day. The nay sayers are just wrong.

And painters are insured against such claims...well, they're suppose to
be.

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

"cm" wrote in
:

I have never met a painter who has had to file an insurance claim for
their overspray.

cm

"Red Green" wrote in message
"cm" wrote in
:

[...]

I guess the painters you know are real and experienced painters that take
all necessary precautions. Still, I bet they have a general coverage
policy.
Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to cm, big bill wrote:
You must paint on labor day weekend when neighbor are gone.

--
posted from
http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...on-382855-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, July 23, 2016 at 10:44:04 AM UTC-5, big bill wrote:
replying to cm, big bill wrote:
You must paint on labor day weekend when neighbor are gone.
--

It's so unfortunate that 5 years ago, cm died in a paint explosion. He is survived by a wife, 19 children and 673 gerbils. The gerbils really miss him. 8-(

[8~{} Uncle Painted Monster

Paint overspray prevention? benick[_2_] Home Repair 6 July 8th 09 10:47 PM
How to get off paint overspray on metal and wood and rubber pmaston Woodworking 7 May 4th 08 08:19 PM
Damp prevention paint mossmoran UK diy 1 October 25th 06 12:05 PM
Damp prevention paint mossmoran UK diy 0 October 25th 06 11:25 AM
removing paint overspray from garage floor? Hamilton Audio Home Repair 7 February 20th 05 08:57 PM