Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Chinese drywall worse than you can imagine

Nate Nagel wrote:

Fortunately, much of this Chinese drywall was used during the
housing boom to accommodate zero-down-payment, sub-prime mortgage
holders.

Fortunately? If they're making their payments on time I think they
have a right to expect reasonably safe, code-compliant housing. Likely
shoddily-built, knocked together cookie cutter houses, but
code-compliant nonetheless.

nate

Whether or not they're making their payments on time should have nothing to
do with it. Somebody who got laid off and is behind on his mortgage does
not thereby become a test subject for chemical-warfare experiments. For
that matter somebody who signed a mortgage they could not afford isn't
deserving of being poisoned either. I realize you weren't suggesting they
are, but I'm not so sure about Hey Bub.

Posted to alt.home.repair

DGDevin wrote:
Nate Nagel wrote:

Fortunately, much of this Chinese drywall was used during the
housing boom to accommodate zero-down-payment, sub-prime mortgage
holders.

Fortunately? If they're making their payments on time I think they
have a right to expect reasonably safe, code-compliant housing. Likely
shoddily-built, knocked together cookie cutter houses, but
code-compliant nonetheless.

nate

Whether or not they're making their payments on time should have nothing to
do with it. Somebody who got laid off and is behind on his mortgage does
not thereby become a test subject for chemical-warfare experiments. For
that matter somebody who signed a mortgage they could not afford isn't
deserving of being poisoned either. I realize you weren't suggesting they
are, but I'm not so sure about Hey Bub.

UNLESS THE VOTED FOR OBAMA. THEN THEY SHOULD BE PUNISHED.