Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Element for Convection Toaster Oven

Have a Bravetti Toaster Convection Rotesserie Oven (I know - too many
things in one) here with one dead element out of five. The usual
appliance parts places cannot source a replacement element for me.
It's a straight element, about 12 inches long with threaded connectors
at both ends and marked 60V/400W. Can anyone suggest a source -
online or bricks and mortar? I'd really hate to have to dump this for
the sake of one element.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 7, 11:02*am, Jimbo wrote:
Have a Bravetti Toaster Convection Rotesserie Oven (I know - too many
things in one) here with one dead element out of five. *The usual
appliance parts places cannot source a replacement element for me.
It's a straight element, about 12 inches long with threaded connectors
at both ends and marked 60V/400W. *Can anyone suggest a source -
online or bricks and mortar? *I'd really hate to have to dump this for
the sake of one element.

Actually, it's one dead element of 6! Can anyone suggest a source?
Otherwise, garbage
Posted to alt.home.repair

Jimbo wrote:
On Jul 7, 11:02 am, Jimbo wrote:

Have a Bravetti Toaster Convection Rotesserie Oven (I know - too many
things in one) here with one dead element out of five. The usual
appliance parts places cannot source a replacement element for me.
It's a straight element, about 12 inches long with threaded connectors
at both ends and marked 60V/400W. Can anyone suggest a source -
online or bricks and mortar? I'd really hate to have to dump this for
the sake of one element.

Actually, it's one dead element of 6! Can anyone suggest a source?
Otherwise, garbage

That 60 volt spec sounds like there are probably two in series across
120 volts.

Can you post a photo of the element?

Have you tried asking at this website?

http://www.fixya.com/support/bravetti

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)
Posted to alt.home.repair

Jimbo wrote:
On Jul 7, 11:02 am, Jimbo wrote:
Have a Bravetti Toaster Convection Rotesserie Oven (I know - too many
things in one) here with one dead element out of five. The usual
appliance parts places cannot source a replacement element for me.
It's a straight element, about 12 inches long with threaded
connectors at both ends and marked 60V/400W. Can anyone suggest a
source - online or bricks and mortar? I'd really hate to have to
dump this for the sake of one element.

Actually, it's one dead element of 6! Can anyone suggest a source?
Otherwise, garbage

Contact the manufacturer and explain your situation, they might be willing
to source the part for you.

If you are clever, you might be able to adapt an element from another
toaster oven to fit in your oven (try for one with a similar electrical
resistance).

Jon

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Jimbo" wrote in message
On Jul 7, 11:02 am, Jimbo wrote:
Have a Bravetti Toaster Convection Rotesserie Oven (I know - too many
things in one) here with one dead element out of five. The usual
appliance parts places cannot source a replacement element for me.
It's a straight element, about 12 inches long with threaded connectors
at both ends and marked 60V/400W. Can anyone suggest a source -
online or bricks and mortar? I'd really hate to have to dump this for
the sake of one element.

Actually, it's one dead element of 6! Can anyone suggest a source?
Otherwise, garbage

Did a little web searching, looks like that thing may have been made by a company called Euro-pro.

Here's their website: http://www.euro-pro.com/europro/default.aspx, there's a place where you can
enter a model number to purchase parts & accessories.

Eric

Posted to alt.home.repair

Buy a second, identical one. Save the first one for parts.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Jimbo" wrote in message
On Jul 7, 11:02 am, Jimbo wrote:
Have a Bravetti Toaster Convection Rotesserie Oven (I
know - too many
things in one) here with one dead element out of five. The
usual
appliance parts places cannot source a replacement element
for me.
It's a straight element, about 12 inches long with
threaded connectors
at both ends and marked 60V/400W. Can anyone suggest a
source -
online or bricks and mortar? I'd really hate to have to
dump this for
the sake of one element.

Actually, it's one dead element of 6! Can anyone suggest a
source?
Otherwise, garbage

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 8, 12:35*pm, jeff_wisnia
wrote:
Jimbo wrote:
On Jul 7, 11:02 am, Jimbo wrote:

Have a Bravetti Toaster Convection Rotesserie Oven (I know - too many
things in one) here with one dead element out of five. *The usual
appliance parts places cannot source a replacement element for me.
It's a straight element, about 12 inches long with threaded connectors
at both ends and marked 60V/400W. *Can anyone suggest a source -
online or bricks and mortar? *I'd really hate to have to dump this for
the sake of one element.

Actually, it's one dead element of 6! *Can anyone suggest a source?
Otherwise, garbage

That 60 volt spec sounds like there are probably two in series across
120 volts.

Yes, the elements are wired in pairs which really screws things up!
One dead element means two are out

Can you post a photo of the element?

Nothing to show really. Its just a straight element , overall length
14 1/4" incl. 9/16 threaded section at each end, 1/4" diameter.

Have you tried asking at this website?

http://www.fixya.com/support/bravetti

Yes but could only find user manual.

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 8, 1:21*pm, "Jon Danniken"
wrote:
Jimbo wrote:
On Jul 7, 11:02 am, Jimbo wrote:
Have a Bravetti Toaster Convection Rotesserie Oven (I know - too many
things in one) here with one dead element out of five. The usual
appliance parts places cannot source a replacement element for me.
It's a straight element, about 12 inches long with threaded
connectors at both ends and marked 60V/400W. Can anyone suggest a
source - online or bricks and mortar? I'd really hate to have to
dump this for the sake of one element.

Actually, it's one dead element of 6! *Can anyone suggest a source?
Otherwise, garbage

Contact the manufacturer and explain your situation, they might be willing
to source the part for you.

Bravetti = Euro-Pro
Call center/centre in India - useless and no help.

If you are clever, you might be able to adapt an element from another
toaster oven to fit in your oven (try for one with a similar electrical
resistance).

Trying to do exactly that.

Jon

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 8, 2:47*pm, "Eric" wrote:
"Jimbo" wrote in message

On Jul 7, 11:02 am, Jimbo wrote:

Have a Bravetti Toaster Convection Rotesserie Oven (I know - too many
things in one) here with one dead element out of five. The usual
appliance parts places cannot source a replacement element for me.
It's a straight element, about 12 inches long with threaded connectors
at both ends and marked 60V/400W. Can anyone suggest a source -
online or bricks and mortar? I'd really hate to have to dump this for
the sake of one element.
Actually, it's one dead element of 6! *Can anyone suggest a source?
Otherwise, garbage

Did a little web searching, looks like that thing may have been made by a company called Euro-pro.

Here's their website:http://www.euro-pro.com/europro/default.aspx, there's a place where you can
enter a model number to purchase parts & accessories.

Eric

Yep, tried it. It rejects the model number! No useful response to
emails. I guess they want customers to buy a new model rather than do
a repair. There is not much chance that I would ever suggest anyone
but this brand again.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 8, 11:07*pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
Buy a second, identical one. Save the first one for parts.

Somehow I don't think so but thanks for the idea

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 9, 12:07*am, Jimbo wrote:
On Jul 8, 2:47*pm, "Eric" wrote:

"Jimbo" wrote in message

On Jul 7, 11:02 am, Jimbo wrote:

[...]

Eventually got through to Euro-Pro via India to be told that this is
not a spare part that they are willing to ship to me. However, if I
ship the unit to them they will repair it and return it. All of this
is way too much trouble when I only want the element.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Jimbo" wrote in message
On Jul 9, 12:07 am, Jimbo wrote:
On Jul 8, 2:47 pm, "Eric" wrote:

"Jimbo" wrote in message

On Jul 7, 11:02 am, Jimbo wrote:

[...]

---

there are places that make custom elements for kilns. it's the same wire. if
you can measure it accurately enough (width, length, ohms), you can order
the wire and just replace it yourself. maybe you can take a working one out
and send it out to be duplicated. try http://www.euclids.com/elements.htm as
they make custom elements.

regards,
charlie
http://glassartists.org/ChaniArts

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 14, 1:53*pm, "charlie" wrote:
"Jimbo" wrote in message

On Jul 9, 12:07 wrote:

On Jul 8, 2:47 pm, "Eric" wrote:

"Jimbo" wrote in message

On Jul 7, 11:02 wrote:

[...]

Thanks, Charlie.
I've just sent them an email expressing my desperation and pleading
for assistance. They are located pretty close to me.