Posted to alt.home.repair

Default maintenance question on pressure washer

On Jul 6, 10:06�am, "jim" wrote:
couple neighbors have offered their 1-2 year old pressure washers

what are some things to look out for in terms on maintenance performed, neglected,
check out, etc.. before I buy one ?

for example, if machine is a 3800psi, 4gpm system and it has been used just a few
times (less than 5) in one year, should the oil have been changed twice in that
timespan? would system have corroded if it just sat in garage unused for 6-8 months?
would the seals leak or something else that I'm not asking?

pumps and gun seals leak and dry out. the engine is jst normal
maintence, like a lawn mower.

check price of parts before buying. a gun might be 80% the cost of a
new complete pressure washer

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 6, 9:06*am, "jim" wrote:
couple neighbors have offered their 1-2 year old pressure washers

what are some things to look out for in terms on maintenance performed, neglected,
check out, etc.. before I buy one ?

for example, if machine is a 3800psi, 4gpm system and it has been used just a few
times (less than 5) in one year, should the oil have been changed twice in that
timespan? would system have corroded if it just sat in garage unused for 6-8 months?
would the seals leak or something else that I'm not asking?

I would look for a quality brand ther is known commercial stuff and
cheap chinese brands, but you really cant know if it was run without
water or froze. Try them first. Changing oil is by hours more than
time for that short a period. Good commercial stuff isnt cheaply
priced.