Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Abrasive additives for ordinary pressure washers?

I don't own a pressure washer, but I was thinking of buying one.
Probably gasoline powered, not intending to pay more than $1000.

I was wondering if it's possible to set one of those units up to do
abrasive water blasting (to clean up some concrete surfaces). I'm
wondering what extra do-dads are required (injector? hopper? nozzle?
wand?).

I see that bicarbonate of soda is one option for the media (ie Arm &
Hammer Armex or similar) but that seems to have the potential to harm
grass, bushes, trees, etc. I'm wondering what else can be typically
added as an abrasive media that requires no special precautions for
landscape protection.

Can ordinary sand be used by these pressure washers as an additive?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 05 Jul 2009 18:19:55 -0400, Some Guy wrote:

I don't own a pressure washer, but I was thinking of buying one.
Probably gasoline powered, not intending to pay more than $1000.

I was wondering if it's possible to set one of those units up to do
abrasive water blasting (to clean up some concrete surfaces). I'm
wondering what extra do-dads are required (injector? hopper? nozzle?
wand?).

I see that bicarbonate of soda is one option for the media (ie Arm &
Hammer Armex or similar) but that seems to have the potential to harm
grass, bushes, trees, etc. I'm wondering what else can be typically
added as an abrasive media that requires no special precautions for
landscape protection.

Can ordinary sand be used by these pressure washers as an additive?

No

http://www.pressurewashersupplies.co...andBlaster.htm

Pressure Washers [email protected] Home Repair 13 March 15th 07 03:15 PM
Pressure washers Rich Home Repair 5 February 26th 07 02:07 PM
Pressure washers TonyK UK diy 2 October 25th 06 11:53 AM
Pressure washers Broadback UK diy 1 January 4th 05 01:57 PM
Pressure washers Robert UK diy 3 October 28th 04 08:41 PM