DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Viessmann Boiler and Beckett burner not staying lit (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/281726-viessmann-boiler-beckett-burner-not-staying-lit.html)

GoInstrument July 5th 09 04:43 PM

Viessmann Boiler and Beckett burner not staying lit

System was put in new in 2007 have had problems with it from day 1.
The installers have replaced nossels ,transformers, ignighter added
oil filtertion and even replaced the original boiler. It will fire for
a month or so after ignighter is replaced then we go back to changing
out transformers and whatnot. Help

fftt July 5th 09 05:35 PM

On Jul 5, 8:43*am, GoInstrument wrote:
System was put in new in 2007 have had problems with it from day 1.
The installers have replaced nossels ,transformers, ignighter added
oil filtertion and even replaced the original boiler. It will fire for
a month or so after ignighter is replaced then we go back to changing
out transformers and whatnot. Help

Is the problem?

"doesn't stay lit" or "doesn't light" ?

If it lights ok but doesn't stay lit.....that would seem to indicate
that its NOT an ignition problem (ignitor, transformer).
I would suspect the feedback loop that tells the system that a
sustained flame is present.

Flame sensor...loose? defective? bad connect?

Hard to know for sure from afar.

Best guess.......play with flame sensor & re-try....if still a
problem, replace (sounds like you've replaced everything else)

cheers
Bob