Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Steel roof installed over battens

My new steel roof was screwed directly to the battens without
decking. I've got one gable vent and a new turbine vent. I hear that
condensation can be an issue. Can anyone tell me what the options
would be if I start having condensation problems? Having decking
installed at this point would probably be expensive. Are there any
alternatives? There are relatively mild winters here in Oklahoma.
How likely do you think it is that I'll need to worry about it?

Thanks,
Dan

Posted to alt.home.repair

danmc68 wrote:
My new steel roof was screwed directly to the battens without
decking. I've got one gable vent and a new turbine vent. I hear that
condensation can be an issue. Can anyone tell me what the options
would be if I start having condensation problems? Having decking
installed at this point would probably be expensive. Are there any
alternatives? There are relatively mild winters here in Oklahoma.
How likely do you think it is that I'll need to worry about it?

Thanks,
Dan

Hi,
Who did the install?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 5, 9:44*pm, Tony Hwang wrote:
danmc68 wrote:
My new steel roof was screwed directly to the battens without
decking. *I've got one gable vent and a new turbine vent. *I hear that
condensation can be an issue. *Can anyone tell me what the options
would be if I start having condensation problems? *Having decking
installed at this point would probably be expensive. *Are there any
alternatives? *There are relatively mild winters here in Oklahoma.
How likely do you think it is that I'll need to worry about it?

Thanks,
Dan

Hi,
Who did the install?

A local contractor did the work. If he had put down decking and tar
paper, it would have voided the warranty on the metal.
Posted to alt.home.repair
KC KC is offline

On Jul 4, 11:28*am, danmc68 wrote:
My new steel roof was screwed directly to the battens without
decking. *I've got one gable vent and a new turbine vent. *I hear that
condensation can be an issue. *Can anyone tell me what the options
would be if I start having condensation problems? *Having decking
installed at this point would probably be expensive. *Are there any
alternatives? *There are relatively mild winters here in Oklahoma.
How likely do you think it is that I'll need to worry about it?

Thanks,
Dan

That's how they reroof with steel in this area - put battens over the
old roof and screw down the new steel roof.