Posted to alt.home.repair

Default inspection camera

I need to buy a inspection camera for my business -- electrical and
plumbing. Sometimes, I need to see inside walls for electrical
wiring. Sometimes, I need to see inside the first few feet of a
toilet discharge path.

So far, it looks like the Ridgid 31123 SeeSnake camera with 9.5mm head
is the best solution. I really like the accessories -- retrieval
hook, magnet and mirror.

Is this a decent tool for my needs or is their something better in
this price range??

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 2, 10:54�pm, (ray pierce) wrote:
I need to buy a inspection camera for my business -- electrical and
plumbing. �Sometimes, I need to see inside walls for electrical
wiring. �Sometimes, I need to see inside the first few feet of a
toilet discharge path.

So far, it looks like the Ridgid 31123 SeeSnake camera with 9.5mm head
is the best solution. �I really like the accessories -- retrieval
hook, magnet and mirror.

Is this a decent tool for my needs or is their something better in
this price range??

harbor freight has some really cheap ones
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 2, 10:54*pm, (ray pierce) wrote:
I need to buy a inspection camera for my business -- electrical and
plumbing. *Sometimes, I need to see inside walls for electrical
wiring. *Sometimes, I need to see inside the first few feet of a
toilet discharge path.

So far, it looks like the Ridgid 31123 SeeSnake camera with 9.5mm head
is the best solution. *I really like the accessories -- retrieval
hook, magnet and mirror.

Is this a decent tool for my needs or is their something better in
this price range??

I bought one last year and I love it. Wish I had one years ago - I'd
probably be ten years younger with all of the time I would have
saved.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 2, 10:20*pm, bob haller wrote:
On Jul 2, 10:54 pm, (ray pierce) wrote:

I need to buy a inspection camera for my business -- electrical and
plumbing. Sometimes, I need to see inside walls for electrical
wiring. Sometimes, I need to see inside the first few feet of a
toilet discharge path.

So far, it looks like the Ridgid 31123 SeeSnake camera with 9.5mm head
is the best solution. I really like the accessories -- retrieval
hook, magnet and mirror.

Is this a decent tool for my needs or is their something better in
this price range??

harbor freight has some really cheap ones

HF has cheap, and for free you get cheap quality.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 2, 9:54*pm, (ray pierce) wrote:
I need to buy a inspection camera for my business -- electrical and
plumbing. *Sometimes, I need to see inside walls for electrical
wiring. *Sometimes, I need to see inside the first few feet of a
toilet discharge path.

So far, it looks like the Ridgid 31123 SeeSnake camera with 9.5mm head
is the best solution. *I really like the accessories -- retrieval
hook, magnet and mirror.

Is this a decent tool for my needs or is their something better in
this price range??

I have the Seesnake with the 17 mm head, and it works pretty well. It
is often hard to tell "which way is up" but the more expensive
Seesnake is just too pricey.

I know that mine won't go through a toilet's trapway, and I don't
think that the smaller head will either, but I know that isn't
"exactly" what you said in your post.

JK

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 3, 12:24*am, RicodJour wrote:
On Jul 2, 10:54*pm, (ray pierce) wrote:

I need to buy a inspection camera for my business -- electrical and
plumbing. *Sometimes, I need to see inside walls for electrical
wiring. *Sometimes, I need to see inside the first few feet of a
toilet discharge path.

So far, it looks like the Ridgid 31123 SeeSnake camera with 9.5mm head
is the best solution. *I really like the accessories -- retrieval
hook, magnet and mirror.

Is this a decent tool for my needs or is their something better in
this price range??

I bought one *last year and I love it. *Wish I had one years ago - I'd
probably be ten years younger with all of the time I would have
saved. *

I just checked Amazon and they have the Milwaukee on sale for $95.
They must be coming out with a new model. Seems like a good deal, but
I expect that there will be a lot of improvements in this sort of tool
in the near future. It's just a digital camera on a stalk, and the
current camera technology, even the low end stuff, is a lot better
than the first generation inspection tools.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 3 Jul 2009 04:19:19 -0700 (PDT), Big_Jake
wrote:

I have the Seesnake with the 17 mm head, and it works pretty well. It
is often hard to tell "which way is up" but the more expensive
Seesnake is just too pricey.

I know that mine won't go through a toilet's trapway, and I don't
think that the smaller head will either, but I know that isn't
"exactly" what you said in your post.

Going thru a toilet trap was exactly what I had in mind. A camera
could confirm q-tips, tin can lids and lodged toys before pulling the
toilet.

Why won't yours go thru the trap??

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I have the Seesnake with the 17 mm head, and it works pretty well. *It
is often hard to tell "which way is up" but the more expensive
Seesnake is just too pricey.

I know that mine won't go through a toilet's trapway, and I don't
think that the smaller head will either, but I know that isn't
"exactly" what you said in your post.

Going thru a toilet trap was exactly what I had in mind. *A camera
could confirm q-tips, tin can lids and lodged toys before pulling the
toilet.

Why won't yours go thru the trap??

Not enough flexibility. You can't bend the "arm" into a tight enough
radius to go through the trap.

BTW, I pulled a hotel sized shampoo bottle and a jelly jar lid out of
a toilet last weekend.

JK