Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Gila window film

Dose any one have any experience with Gila window films. What are the
pluses and cons with this product?

Frank
Posted to alt.home.repair

"frank" wrote in message
.net...
Dose any one have any experience with Gila window films. What are the
pluses and cons with this product?

Frank

http://www.amazon.com/Gila-PFW-486-P...rBy=addOneStar

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 2, 3:55*pm, frank wrote:
Dose any one have any experience with Gila window films. What are the
pluses and cons with this product?

It is not difficult to apply, but it is tougher than it looks to get a
good job. It's one of those things that takes a touch, and one that I
have never had the reason or inclination to acquire. If it's a small
job, I'll do it myself, but otherwise I just sub it out.

Posted to alt.home.repair

frank wrote:

Dose any one have any experience with Gila window films. What are the
pluses and cons with this product?

I used their Low e film on the western exposure windows of a previous home. You
could definitely tell the difference in heat load.

That said, there are some severe restrictions with dual pane glass - in most
cases you will void the warranty of the glass and could also potentially damage
the glass.

It isn't overly hard to apply on small (standard) windows. I'd be wary of doing
it on anything larger though. Follow the install instructions to the letter.

Window Film Tiziano Home Ownership 1 June 23rd 09 02:38 PM
Gila Window Film The Other Funk Home Repair 6 August 2nd 05 04:19 PM
LCD film window coverings? Denis Home Ownership 0 March 7th 05 07:31 AM
Mirror window film [email protected] UK diy 19 November 20th 04 08:27 PM
Window Film Richard Martin Home Ownership 0 March 22nd 04 02:40 PM