Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Gas furnace question

I'm looking to replace an old oil furnace on a rural property with a
propane furnace. I intend to do it myself. Since the property is
just a hunting cottage I am not looking to spend a lot. I am actually
looking for a used furnace if I can get one. My question is whether
gas furnaces are specifically made for natural gas or propane, or are
they all the same and just need a different orfice(s) intalled to
match the type of gas used? Anyone know?

Thanks

Jimw
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Jimw" wrote in message
I'm looking to replace an old oil furnace on a rural property with a
propane furnace. I intend to do it myself. Since the property is
just a hunting cottage I am not looking to spend a lot. I am actually
looking for a used furnace if I can get one. My question is whether
gas furnaces are specifically made for natural gas or propane, or are
they all the same and just need a different orfice(s) intalled to
match the type of gas used? Anyone know?

Thanks

Jimw

is google broken today?

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_do_you..._natural _gas

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 29, 3:32*pm, Jimw wrote:
I'm looking to replace an old oil furnace on a rural property with a
propane furnace. *I intend to do it myself. *Since the property is
just a hunting cottage I am not looking to spend a lot. *I am actually
looking for a used furnace if I can get one. *My question is whether
gas furnaces are specifically made for natural gas or propane, or are
they all the same and just need a different orfice(s) intalled to
match the type of gas used? *Anyone know?

Thanks

Jimw

I bought a new one and watched as the tech did a changeover to
propane. While some may be shipped with the changeover already
installed, they are essentially the same unit.
Too bad I didn't know you a couple of years ago, I had 2 complete
propane furnaces I scrapped out, one was in really good shape, I just
couldn't imagine much of a market for them. I'd have gladly have given
them away.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Usually different orifices.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Jimw" wrote in message
I'm looking to replace an old oil furnace on a rural
property with a
propane furnace. I intend to do it myself. Since the
property is
just a hunting cottage I am not looking to spend a lot. I
am actually
looking for a used furnace if I can get one. My question is
whether
gas furnaces are specifically made for natural gas or
propane, or are
they all the same and just need a different orfice(s)
intalled to
match the type of gas used? Anyone know?

Thanks

Jimw

Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:
Usually different orifices.

You breath through one and you......
Never mind.

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

And you go to the other orifice in the morning. "Honey, I'll
be at the orifice, if anyone needs me".

Double entendre intentional.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in
message ...
Stormin Mormon wrote:
Usually different orifices.

You breath through one and you......
Never mind.

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:
Usually different orifices.

Any old port in a storm...

furnace question jazz Home Repair 5 October 3rd 08 11:49 AM
Question about Furnace Ball of Fluff[_2_] Home Repair 16 January 21st 08 02:30 PM
Furnace question [email protected] Home Ownership 3 April 1st 05 07:19 PM
Gas furnace question DS Home Repair 2 March 8th 05 03:44 AM
Another old furnace question Dan Hall Home Repair 5 November 30th 04 06:06 PM