Posted to alt.home.repair

Default dualsaw

Anybody out there bought and used the new dualsaw?
Billy Mazes really really turns me off, but it does
look like a pretty cool saw. I also realize that they can
make lots of things look better than it really is, but I do
like the concept of it. Any thoughts? Any personal
testimonials? thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair

"nefletch" wrote in message
scommunications...
Anybody out there bought and used the new dualsaw?
Billy Mazes really really turns me off, but it does
look like a pretty cool saw. I also realize that they can
make lots of things look better than it really is, but I do
like the concept of it. Any thoughts? Any personal
testimonials? thanks

Have you ever watched "Pitchmen" on "Discovery channel. It actually gives
you some respect for Billy. They really do test the products and won't sell
something that does not work. One show was about the dualsaw and they did a
lot of cutting. Certainly looks as good as advertised. I don't have any
particular need for one, but, based on what I saw, if I did, I'd give it a
try.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
"Ed Pawlowski" wrote:

"nefletch" wrote in message
scommunications...
Anybody out there bought and used the new dualsaw?
Billy Mazes really really turns me off, but it does
look like a pretty cool saw. I also realize that they can
make lots of things look better than it really is, but I do
like the concept of it. Any thoughts? Any personal
testimonials? thanks

Have you ever watched "Pitchmen" on "Discovery channel. It actually gives
you some respect for Billy. They really do test the products and won't sell
something that does not work. One show was about the dualsaw and they did a
lot of cutting. Certainly looks as good as advertised. I don't have any
particular need for one, but, based on what I saw, if I did, I'd give it a
try.

I saw that episode, and yeah, I agree, the show is actually a pretty
cool behind the scenes look at the way the ads come together. IIRC, they
were pretty impressed with the dual saw.
Posted to alt.home.repair

nefletch wrote:
Anybody out there bought and used the new dualsaw?
Billy Mazes really really turns me off, but it does
look like a pretty cool saw. I also realize that they can
make lots of things look better than it really is, but I do
like the concept of it. Any thoughts? Any personal
testimonials? thanks

Those of us who are grateful for cable TV so we don't have to stare at test
patterns from 3:00 a.m. 'til dawn know what you're talking about.

For others: Info he
https://www.dualsaw.com/flare/next

Posted to alt.home.repair

"HeyBub" wrote in
m:

nefletch wrote:
Anybody out there bought and used the new dualsaw?
Billy Mazes really really turns me off, but it does
look like a pretty cool saw. I also realize that they can
make lots of things look better than it really is, but I do
like the concept of it. Any thoughts? Any personal
testimonials? thanks

Those of us who are grateful for cable TV so we don't have to stare at
test patterns from 3:00 a.m. 'til dawn know what you're talking about.

For others: Info he
https://www.dualsaw.com/flare/next

Thanks for that link. Looks good. Very effective pitch. Major flaws that
I can see - Billy Mays and Anthony Sullivan. These guys are paid to sell
junk.

Billy Mays = Red Flag
Anthony Sullivan = Red Flag
"As seen on TV" = Red Flag

Maybe just my cynical opinion. I never buy anything off of TV.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 27 Jun 2009 21:36:47 -0600, "nefletch"
wrote:

Anybody out there bought and used the new dualsaw?
Billy Mazes really really turns me off, but it does
look like a pretty cool saw. I also realize that they can
make lots of things look better than it really is, but I do
like the concept of it. Any thoughts? Any personal
testimonials? thanks

Don't have any experience with it but I'd be concerned with
having to constantly separate the blades in order to remove
the material that gets in between the blades.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"EXT" wrote in message

This model seems to be a modified angle grinder, I have seen another that
was built like a portable circular saw.

Also what happens if one accidentally twists the saw in the work and binds
the blades together. It would seem to be easy with the long motor/handle
and lack of guide plate. The blades are rotating in opposite directions.
The teeth will grind together creating who knows what shrapnel.

I think that was one of the benefits, shrapnel free or nearly so. It was
designed to be safer than a single blade saw.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
Patrick Karl wrote:

The word on salon.com is that Billy Mays won't be turning anybody off
any mo he's dead.

Don't worry. Be next week, there'll be a talking, er, shouting, Billy
Mays doll being hawked. Then your grandkids can sneak up behind you and:
"But wait, I'm STILL not done!"