Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Old Moen faucet

I found/purchased an old Moen faucet from Habitat f Humanity ReStore in
St. Louis, MO.

The Moen kitchen faucet is a single handle with wide base to cover the 3
sink holes, sprayer on the side. Stamped "1700".

I can't find it anywhere on the Moen web sites. There are model 1700's,
but they are totally newer and dissimilar models. I can post a pic
if needed.

Does anyone have any idea of how to find install/specs etc info sheets
for an old/discontinued Moen product? Note that I've already tried
www.moen.com/buymoen/buyparts/find.cfm. Nothin' shakin'!

Failing that, can anyone describe how to change the cartridge, etc,
on an older Moen single-handle?

Thx,
Willie
Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Jun 25, 7:56*am, Willie The Wimp
wrote:
I found/purchased an old Moen faucet from *Habitat f Humanity ReStore in
St. Louis, MO.

The Moen kitchen faucet is a single handle with wide base to cover the 3
sink holes, sprayer on the side. Stamped "1700".

I can't find it anywhere on the Moen web sites. There are model 1700's,
but they are totally newer and dissimilar models. I can post a pic
if needed.

Does anyone have any idea of how to find install/specs etc info sheets
for an old/discontinued Moen product? Note that I've already triedwww.moen.com/buymoen/buyparts/find.cfm. Nothin' shakin'!

Failing that, can anyone describe how to change the cartridge, etc,
on an older Moen single-handle?

* Thx,
* Willie

Try a direct phone call to customer service. Sometimes you will get
lucky and find a knowledgeable person on the line. That's the
situation at Kohler, hopefully Moen, too. Good luck.

Joe
Posted to alt.home.repair

Moen has used the same cartridge for years.
I would pull it out and go to the local hardware.
I am in St Louis also
Crecent plumbing in Ucity will have it if you strike out at the hardware

Moen faucet problem Han Home Repair 17 January 10th 18 02:21 PM
Diverter in Moen Kitchen Faucet Max Home Repair 2 July 28th 07 03:29 AM
Have you ever taken apart this Moen faucet... Joe Home Repair 3 April 3rd 06 03:22 PM
Moen Kitchen Faucet Ken Home Repair 10 August 2nd 05 02:24 PM
Moen Faucet Repair Sundog Home Repair 2 November 4th 03 04:30 AM