Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Rigid Insulation Directly under Laminate Flooring

I'm in the process of finishing my basement. I have a dry, new
construction basement. I am flirting with the idea of placing 1/2" rigid
insulation directly onto the concrete floor (which is perfectly level),
and taping the edges. From there, I would lay standard laminate underlay,
and then, high end 12mm laminate. I heard mixed opinions on the integrity
of the floor with this configuration. I would think that a product such as
the owenscorning celfort 200, with a flex rating of 44 psi would not
compromise my floor. Especially with 12mm flooring. Any thoughts or
experiences with such a method?

-------------------------------------

Nick C.
New Brunswick, Canada

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
(Shrapnel) wrote:

I'm in the process of finishing my basement.

Terrific. Look up "usenet." The SUCK-O company is NOT the way to get
here.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 24, 2:53*pm, wrote:
On 24 Jun 2009 16:55:25 GMT,

(Shrapnel) wrote:
I'm in the process of finishing my basement. I have a dry, new
construction basement. I am flirting with the idea of placing 1/2" rigid
insulation directly onto the concrete floor (which is perfectly level),
and taping the edges. From there, I would lay standard laminate underlay,
and then, high end 12mm laminate. I heard mixed opinions on the integrity
of the floor with this configuration. I would think that a product such as
the owenscorning celfort 200, with a flex rating of 44 psi would not
compromise my floor. Especially with 12mm flooring. Any thoughts or
experiences with such a method?

Dela-FL would be a better solution - a Canadian product it is similar
to DryCore but comes in rolls and does not have the aspenite sheathing
on it. Good for putting laminate on directly. It is a waffle and
allows the concrete to "breathe"

Nick C.
New Brunswick, Canada

Delivered via *http://www.thestuccocompany.com/

I would wait a full year in the house before doing anything permanent
on the floor, to give things a little time to settle and also to see
if Fall or Spring rains show any leakage.