DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Is There A Temporary Substitute For An Oil Filler Cap? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/280809-there-temporary-substitute-oil-filler-cap.html)

Vlad[_4_] June 22nd 09 05:10 PM

Is There A Temporary Substitute For An Oil Filler Cap?

Specifically, the oil filler cap (not the dipstick cap) for Cub Cadet
GT-2550?

dpb June 22nd 09 05:12 PM

Vlad wrote:
Specifically, the oil filler cap (not the dipstick cap) for Cub Cadet
GT-2550?

Plastic baggie w/ rubberband over it?

Find/make an appropriately-sized stopper?

gpsman June 22nd 09 06:11 PM

On Jun 22, 12:10*pm, (Vlad) wrote:
Specifically, the oil filler cap (not the dipstick cap) for Cub Cadet
GT-2550?

You can find something like this in the right size and use it
forever. Find a place to connect the chain and you might keep it
forever, too.

http://tinyurl.com/lylfyv
-----

- gpsman

HeyBub[_3_] June 22nd 09 07:28 PM

Vlad wrote:
Specifically, the oil filler cap (not the dipstick cap) for Cub Cadet
GT-2550?

Aluminum foil? I don't think there's any pressure behind it...

Vlad[_4_] June 22nd 09 07:37 PM

Is There A Temporary Substitute For An Oil Filler Cap?

On Mon, 22 Jun 2009 13:28:55 -0500, "HeyBub"
wrote:

Vlad wrote:
Specifically, the oil filler cap (not the dipstick cap) for Cub Cadet
GT-2550?

Aluminum foil? I don't think there's any pressure behind it...

No sir. Oil is all over the garage floor after the mowing session.
The only possible exit from the engine must have been thru the capless
oil filler hole.

Winston June 22nd 09 11:26 PM

Vlad wrote:
Specifically, the oil filler cap (not the dipstick cap) for Cub Cadet
GT-2550?

Is it the '24 755 46-S' on the Kohler CV12.5-1215 engine?

This will substitute pretty well:
http://www.upstateoutdoorpowerequipm...lerEngine.aspx

U$5.15

--Winston

Smitty Two June 23rd 09 12:28 AM

Is There A Temporary Substitute For An Oil Filler Cap?

In article , (Vlad)
wrote:

Oil is all over the garage floor after the mowing session.
The only possible exit from the engine must have been thru the capless
oil filler hole.

Maybe next time, mow the lawn instead of the garage floor.

clot June 23rd 09 12:31 AM

Is There A Temporary Substitute For An Oil Filler Cap?

Smitty Two wrote:
In article , (Vlad)
wrote:

Oil is all over the garage floor after the mowing session.
The only possible exit from the engine must have been thru the
capless oil filler hole.

Maybe next time, mow the lawn instead of the garage floor.

"But I could not get my RV through the door!"

Restless[_3_] June 23rd 09 01:31 AM

Is There A Temporary Substitute For An Oil Filler Cap?

On Mon, 22 Jun 2009 16:28:02 -0700, Smitty Two
wrote:

In article , (Vlad)
wrote:

Oil is all over the garage floor after the mowing session.
The only possible exit from the engine must have been thru the capless
oil filler hole.

Maybe next time, mow the lawn instead of the garage floor.

Looks kike even the home repair group has assholes, asshole.

Smitty Two June 23rd 09 02:10 AM

Is There A Temporary Substitute For An Oil Filler Cap?

In article , (Restless)
wrote:

On Mon, 22 Jun 2009 16:28:02 -0700, Smitty Two
wrote:

In article ,
(Vlad)
wrote:

Oil is all over the garage floor after the mowing session.
The only possible exit from the engine must have been thru the capless
oil filler hole.

Maybe next time, mow the lawn instead of the garage floor.

Looks kike even the home repair group has assholes, asshole.

Oh, gosh. I didn't realize this thread was crossposted to
alt.no.sense.of.humor. Sorry, Miss Manners.

Stormin Mormon June 23rd 09 02:11 AM

Is There A Temporary Substitute For An Oil Filler Cap?

I thought that the fill cap was on top?

If there is oil showing on the floor, would you think maybe
something at the bottom is leaking?

On the other hand, maybe the CIA is doing brain control
experiments, and you're the victim of a psychiatric mower
inverter ray. They do it between 3 AM and 4 AM. But, you can
block the ray by stapling aluminum foil to the inside of
your garage, shiny side out.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

The Daring Dufas[_7_] June 23rd 09 02:15 AM

Restless wrote:
On Mon, 22 Jun 2009 16:28:02 -0700, Smitty Two
wrote:

In article , (Vlad)
wrote:

Oil is all over the garage floor after the mowing session.
The only possible exit from the engine must have been thru the capless
oil filler hole.

Maybe next time, mow the lawn instead of the garage floor.

Looks kike even the home repair group has assholes, asshole.

Why are you badmouthing my Jewish cousins?

TDD