Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Completely OT and disgusting

WTF is with these mini-burgers going by the name of "sliders?????" Am I
ever going to eat one? Hell, no. When I was a kid, a "slider" was a
bowel movement of a particular consistency and density that it left a
big skid mark in the toilet bowl. Yeah, great name for a ****ing burger.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 21, 11:03*pm, Smitty Two wrote:
WTF is with these mini-burgers going by the name of "sliders?????" Am I
ever going to eat one? Hell, no. When I was a kid, a "slider" was a
bowel movement of a particular consistency and density that it left a
big skid mark in the toilet bowl. Yeah, great name for a ****ing burger.

Smitty-

Its a back east thing....my FIL (may he rest in peace) worked at White
Castle when he was a kid

They're been calling these mini-burgers by that name since the
40's...but I agree not a great choice.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Castle_(restaurant)

cheers
Bob
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Smitty Two" wrote in message
news
WTF is with these mini-burgers going by the name of "sliders?????" Am I
ever going to eat one? Hell, no. When I was a kid, a "slider" was a
bowel movement of a particular consistency and density that it left a
big skid mark in the toilet bowl. Yeah, great name for a ****ing burger.

Also a great post to a home repair forum.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 22, 1:21*am, fftt wrote:
On Jun 21, 11:03*pm, Smitty Two wrote:

WTF is with these mini-burgers going by the name of "sliders?????" Am I
ever going to eat one? Hell, no. When I was a kid, a "slider" was a
bowel movement of a particular consistency and density that it left a
big skid mark in the toilet bowl. Yeah, great name for a ****ing burger..

Smitty-

Its a back east thing....my FIL (may he rest in peace) worked at White
Castle when he was a kid

They're been calling these mini-burgers by that name since the
40's...but I agree not a great choice.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Castle_(restaurant)

cheers
Bob

They were founded in Kansas...one of their biggest markets is
Chicago. Sounds like a Mid-West thing.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 22, 2:21*am, fftt wrote:
On Jun 21, 11:03*pm, Smitty Two wrote:

WTF is with these mini-burgers going by the name of "sliders?????" Am I
ever going to eat one? Hell, no. When I was a kid, a "slider" was a
bowel movement of a particular consistency and density that it left a
big skid mark in the toilet bowl. Yeah, great name for a ****ing burger..

Smitty-

Its a back east thing....my FIL (may he rest in peace) worked at White
Castle when he was a kid

They're been calling these mini-burgers by that name since the
40's...but I agree not a great choice.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Castle_(restaurant)

cheers
Bob

Raw oysters where I come from

Jimmie

Posted to alt.home.repair

Smitty Two wrote:
WTF is with these mini-burgers going by the name of "sliders?????" Am I
ever going to eat one? Hell, no. When I was a kid, a "slider" was a
bowel movement of a particular consistency and density that it left a
big skid mark in the toilet bowl. Yeah, great name for a ****ing burger.

So small it slides down your throat?

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 22, 1:03*am, Smitty Two wrote:
WTF is with these mini-burgers going by the name of "sliders?????" Am I
ever going to eat one? Hell, no. When I was a kid, a "slider" was a
bowel movement of a particular consistency and density that it left a
big skid mark in the toilet bowl. Yeah, great name for a ****ing burger.

Its a shame you feel a need to resort to vile language in order to
make a point. Whats up with that ?
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
"Sanity" wrote:

"Smitty Two" wrote in message
news
WTF is with these mini-burgers going by the name of "sliders?????" Am I
ever going to eat one? Hell, no. When I was a kid, a "slider" was a
bowel movement of a particular consistency and density that it left a
big skid mark in the toilet bowl. Yeah, great name for a ****ing burger.

Also a great post to a home repair forum.

Yeah, that's what the big OT is for, ya knothead.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 21 Jun 2009 23:03:33 -0700, Smitty Two wrote:

WTF is with these mini-burgers going by the name of "sliders?????" Am I
ever going to eat one? Hell, no. When I was a kid, a "slider" was a
bowel movement of a particular consistency and density that it left a
big skid mark in the toilet bowl. Yeah, great name for a ****ing burger.

A slider is a silent, smelly fart emitted in a confined space. The most
common is the "elevator slider."

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article
,
" wrote:

On Jun 22, 1:03*am, Smitty Two wrote:
WTF is with these mini-burgers going by the name of "sliders?????" Am I
ever going to eat one? Hell, no. When I was a kid, a "slider" was a
bowel movement of a particular consistency and density that it left a
big skid mark in the toilet bowl. Yeah, great name for a ****ing burger.

Its a shame you feel a need to resort to vile language in order to
make a point. Whats up with that ?

It's a shame you feel a need to access usenet through google. What's up
with that? Oh, never mind, you aren't whitelisted so I won't see your
reply. AAMOF, if it weren't for Dufas' reply to your objection to my
profanity I wouldn't have noticed your existence on the planet at all,
which would have been just ****ing fine.
Posted to alt.home.repair

The Daring Dufas wrote:
wrote:
On Jun 22, 1:03 am, Smitty Two wrote:
WTF is with these mini-burgers going by the name of "sliders?????" Am I
ever going to eat one? Hell, no. When I was a kid, a "slider" was a
bowel movement of a particular consistency and density that it left a
big skid mark in the toilet bowl. Yeah, great name for a ****ing burger.

Its a shame you feel a need to resort to vile language in order to
make a point. Whats up with that ?

Freedom of speech.

Sure, if someone wants to sound like a 12 year old trying to impress
their friends or a braindead rapper looking for attention (like the 12
year old). I always associate use of foul language for no particular
reason with ill educated people who are unable to express themselves so
they seed in profanities which just diminsh them. I am not offended but
feel sorry for someone who could do something to improve their image and
won't.

You are free to stick your fingers
in your ears or put your hands over your eyes. My very
favorite whiners are those people who are channel
selector impaired, they don't know how to switch channels.
If he was directing foul language directly at you, I
could see a reason for you to complain. Some folks are
so uncouth as to loudly spout scatological or rude,
colloquial, sexual explicative language in crowded public
places as though they were rap music performers afflicted
with melanin poisoning. They just can't help it.

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

on 6/22/2009 2:03 AM (ET) Smitty Two wrote the following:
WTF is with these mini-burgers going by the name of "sliders?????" Am I
ever going to eat one? Hell, no. When I was a kid, a "slider" was a
bowel movement of a particular consistency and density that it left a
big skid mark in the toilet bowl. Yeah, great name for a ****ing burger.

What makes them even less appetizing is that Billy Mays advertises a
home 'slider' maker.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
George wrote:

I always associate use of foul language for no particular
reason with ill educated people who are unable to express themselves so
they seed in profanities which just diminsh them.

I can out-articulate you any damn day of the week, sir. I only use
profanity when it adds to my already brilliant writing, or when doing
home repair projects, or when offering constructive criticism of the
driving skills of my fellow motorists.
Posted to alt.home.repair

The Daring Dufas wrote:
Smitty Two wrote:
WTF is with these mini-burgers going by the name of "sliders?????"
Am I ever going to eat one? Hell, no. When I was a kid, a "slider"
was a bowel movement of a particular consistency and density that it
left a big skid mark in the toilet bowl. Yeah, great name for a
****ing burger.

So small it slides down your throat?

That's always been my guess as well. Sort of a snack-sized hamburger.

Jon

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 22, 3:37*pm, "Jon Danniken"
wrote:
The Daring Dufas wrote:
Smitty Two wrote:
WTF is with these mini-burgers going by the name of "sliders?????"
Am I ever going to eat one? Hell, no. When I was a kid, a "slider"
was a bowel movement of a particular consistency and density that it
left a big skid mark in the toilet bowl. Yeah, great name for a
****ing burger.

So small it slides down your throat?

That's always been my guess as well. *Sort of a snack-sized hamburger.

Jon

Never heard either definition/use before. So in Rome etc.
Actually 'slider' IIRC from childhood around the late 1930s, is one of
those gadgets to hang curtains on curtain rods!
Some have little wheels other nylon or plastic 'sliders', some are
metal; in general it excluded anything that could be called a 'loop'
or a 'hoop' but used for the same purpose.
Also believe 'sliders' is also a term used in what's that North-South
American game ....................like 'Rounders' er? Baseball.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"stan" wrote in message
On Jun 22, 3:37 pm, "Jon Danniken"
wrote:
The Daring Dufas wrote:
Smitty Two wrote:
[...]

===========

Where I am, the "slider" is my glass patio door.

Cheri

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 22, 1:03*am, Smitty Two wrote:
WTF is with these mini-burgers going by the name of "sliders?????" Am I
ever going to eat one? Hell, no. When I was a kid, a "slider" was a
bowel movement of a particular consistency and density that it left a
big skid mark in the toilet bowl. Yeah, great name for a ****ing burger.

Its White Castle burgers, you find them everywhere in Chicago. Few
people here call them White Castles, they are called "sliders".
Mostly because the beef is neither fried or broiled, rather the
patties are steamed over a bed of onions and boiling water, then said
patties are flipped onto the bun taking a few of the onions with it.
A few very tasty Polish dill pickles are the only garnish. Steaming
the beef patties gives them a very "slippery" consistency, this is
reason one for the name, (the bun is equally steamed and slippery).
The other reason for the name is that White Castles make a great
laxitive, as you find out suddenly the next day, as it all kinda
slides out (when it wants to, not when you want it to). In addition
to the aforementioned laxitive effect, a gaseous feeling and oder will
be emitted by the consumer for about 48 hours, from both the intake
and output ends of the digestive system.

I avoid them, but many, many, here are addicted to them. It is common
for an individual to order a sack of 12 and eat them all. The
restaurants are mostly populated in the wee hours by drunkards on
their way home.

Posted to alt.home.repair
RLM RLM is offline

On Mon, 22 Jun 2009 13:10:22 -0700, windcrest wrote:

[...]

Ding! Ding! You are the official winner!
Buy 'em by the bag!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_C...urant)#History

Posted to alt.home.repair

Smitty Two wrote:
In article ,
George wrote:

I always associate use of foul language for no particular
reason with ill educated people who are unable to express themselves so
they seed in profanities which just diminsh them.

I can out-articulate you any damn day of the week, sir. I only use
profanity when it adds to my already brilliant writing, or when doing
home repair projects, or when offering constructive criticism of the
driving skills of my fellow motorists.

Y'all ain't as witty or pithy as you think you are, Smitty. But at least
you don't have self-image problems. Must have been fun framing the
doorways in your house.

--
aem sends...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 22, 7:26*am, Smitty Two wrote:
In article
,

" wrote:
On Jun 22, 1:03*am, Smitty Two wrote:
WTF is with these mini-burgers going by the name of "sliders?????" Am I
ever going to eat one? Hell, no. When I was a kid, a "slider" was a
bowel movement of a particular consistency and density that it left a
big skid mark in the toilet bowl. Yeah, great name for a ****ing burger.

Its a shame you feel a need to resort to vile language in order to
make a point. *Whats up with that ?

It's a shame you feel a need to access usenet through google. What's up
with that? Oh, never mind, you aren't whitelisted so I won't see your
reply. AAMOF, if it weren't for Dufas' reply to your objection to my
profanity I wouldn't have noticed your existence on the planet at all,
which would have been just ****ing fine.

Dave (Ilbeback's real name) is an Asshole
He's always been an Asshole and he always will be an Asshole.
Even worst, he's reborn bible-thumping Asshole who loves telling
everyone else how to live their lives, after he's totally ****ed up
his own miserable useless life
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 22, 1:03*am, Smitty Two wrote:
WTF is with these mini-burgers going by the name of "sliders?????" Am I
ever going to eat one? Hell, no. When I was a kid, a "slider" was a
bowel movement of a particular consistency and density that it left a
big skid mark in the toilet bowl. Yeah, great name for a ****ing burger.

Thats why they are called sliders, they slide in and slide right out.
I think the beer helps.

An example of disgusting meaty flaps - 632082454.jpg (0/2) Terry F UK diy 0 March 12th 08 07:40 AM
Disgusting odor Smarty Home Repair 21 June 8th 07 04:43 PM
Disgusting [email protected] Woodworking 29 January 12th 07 08:50 PM
Disgusting Prude Mechanic Paddlepop Home Repair 21 September 5th 05 08:59 PM