Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Need Bathroom paint color ideas

Hello

I am looking for color ideas to paint my bathroom.

A little bit about the bathroom. The home is Ranch style on the San
Francisco Peninsula built in 1954. The bathroom is original, except for
the new toilet and pedestal sink.

The dimensions are 6.5 feet x 8.5 feet. The 5-foot tub and a shower stall
are along the 8.5-foot wall the toilet and sink are along the other 8.5-foot
wall.

The bathroom has 4-inch tiles on the floor, with tile wainscoting 4 feet up
the walls. The floor color is Forest Green; the wall tile color is yellow.
The edge tiles where the wainscoting ends and the sheetrock wall starts is
Forest Green. Likewise the first tile on the wall from the floor is also
Forest Green.

The tile wainscoting wraps the entire room, even around the tub. There is
not much paintable wall space.

The current color is an off white.

I could be safe and stick with an off white but am looking for ideas color
wise for the room.

There is crown molding. I was thinking of painting the ceiling and crown
molding an off white and am looking for color ideas for the walls?

Any ideas or advice would be helpful.

Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair

howbout a blue of this shade for the walls:

http://www.sensationalcolor.com/colo...w_blue_red.jpg

Posted to alt.home.repair

Just off the top of my head, I'd look for a print shower curtain that
introduces another color....green ferns, tropical forest plants and
flowers, or just some stripes. "Off white" is boring, but might be the
best choice if the br is used for make-up. Use the same yellow, or a
deeper shade of yellow. Print with green, yellow and whatever-the-hell
you like ) Purple would go. Orange. Put on a pale yellow and
stencil a border with whatever you like...deeper yellow, same yellow
with raised texture. All kinds of stuff to try at home stores.

Here is a link to a blogger who does pro decorating - has some good
ideas and links to other decorating resources, like stencils:

http://paintit.typepad.com/painter_g...d_floorcloths/

http://paintit.typepad.com/painter_g...s_transformed/

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 18, 12:31*am, "Tube Audio" wrote:
[...]

Nobody can pick without seeing a photo, but its your prefrence that
matters in the end. Look at magazines and paint brochures. For 10
bucks Benjamin Moore sells their paint program, you can load in a
photo of your room or house and set up the program for picking wall,
trim, colors. I just got the program and havnt really used it but from
what I see it is well made and does the job.