DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   This time it's not the HOA (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/280431-time-its-not-hoa.html)

HeyBub[_3_] June 16th 09 03:37 PM

This time it's not the HOA

"[TOLEDO, Ohio] Some people in Ohio complain they received $25 parking
tickets last week when their vehicles were parked in their own driveways.

"[The mayor] defends the citations, saying they were issued under a city law
against parking on unpaved surfaces -- including gravel driveways."

It's not about money - it's for the children.

http://www.wtte28.com/template/inews...te28.com.shtml

HeyBub[_3_] June 16th 09 04:09 PM

This time it's not the HOA

wrote:
On Tue, 16 Jun 2009 09:37:06 -0500, "HeyBub"
wrote:

"[TOLEDO, Ohio] Some people in Ohio complain they received $25
parking tickets last week when their vehicles were parked in their
own driveways.

"[The mayor] defends the citations, saying they were issued under a
city law against parking on unpaved surfaces -- including gravel
driveways."

It's not about money - it's for the children.

http://www.wtte28.com/template/inews...te28.com.shtml

They are not parking on their driveways at all. They are parking on
their lawns, ghetto style.

Here are nine news references, none mention parking on lawns. Do you have
another source?

http://news.google.com/news?pz=1&ned... Dp1knM&cf=all

DerbyDad03 June 16th 09 06:31 PM

This time it's not the HOA

http://www.wtte28.com/template/inews...l.oh/33babf9c-....

They are not parking on their driveways at all. They are parking on
their lawns, ghetto style.

Here are nine news references, none mention parking on lawns. Do you have
another source?

http://news.google.com/news?pz=1&ned...q3ljAMkJru...- Hide quoted text -

Allow me....

If I understand correctly, he is implying:

- Ghetto lawns are typically not well manicured
- A ghetto "lawn" might well be a patch of gravel

I could be wrong, but...

Charlie[_7_] June 16th 09 09:21 PM

This time it's not the HOA

wrote:

[...]

Sadly, you are wrong. I was watching HLN while I had lunch today and they
showed one case where the gravel driveway went all the way up until the car
was parked parallel to the house and perpendicular to the street and a
couple of car lengths from the street.

Charlie