Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Wasp nest removal difficulty

"[RICHLAND, Wash] Workers cleaning up the Hanford nuclear reservation are
going after radioactive wasp nests."

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...dwasps11m.html

And you thought you had troubles...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 12, 10:08*am, "HeyBub" wrote:
"[RICHLAND, Wash] *Workers cleaning up the Hanford nuclear reservation are
going after radioactive wasp nests."

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...345_webnukedwa...

And you thought you had troubles...

I hope they have a way to subdue the wasps before digging up the
nests.

If the nests are "fairly highly contaminated" can we assume the wasps
are also?

We wouldn't want "fairly highly contaminated" wasps flying hither and
yon, would we?
Posted to alt.home.repair

HeyBub wrote:
"[RICHLAND, Wash] Workers cleaning up the Hanford nuclear reservation are
going after radioactive wasp nests."

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...dwasps11m.html

And you thought you had troubles...

I could have sworn I've seen a B movie
about that. *snicker*

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 12, 11:43*am, The Daring Dufas
wrote:
HeyBub wrote:
"[RICHLAND, Wash] *Workers cleaning up the Hanford nuclear reservation are
going after radioactive wasp nests."

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...345_webnukedwa...

And you thought you had troubles...

I could have sworn I've seen a B movie
about that. *snicker*

TDD

"a B movie"

Yeah...there was a lot of buzz about it when it first opened.
Posted to alt.home.repair

DerbyDad03 wrote:

On Jun 12, 10:08 am, "HeyBub" wrote:
"[RICHLAND, Wash] Workers cleaning up the Hanford nuclear
reservation are going after radioactive wasp nests."

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...345_webnukedwa...

And you thought you had troubles...

I hope they have a way to subdue the wasps before digging up the
nests.

If the nests are "fairly highly contaminated" can we assume the wasps
are also?

We wouldn't want "fairly highly contaminated" wasps flying hither and
yon, would we?

Gather them up, nests and all, and have the CIA or somebody similar move
them to North Korea and/or Iran. You want radioactive, I got yer
radioactive right here pal.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"DerbyDad03" wrote:
The Daring Dufas wrote:
HeyBub wrote:
"[RICHLAND, Wash] Workers cleaning up the Hanford nuclear reservation
are
going after radioactive wasp nests."

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...345_webnukedwa...

And you thought you had troubles...

I could have sworn I've seen a B movie
about that. *snicker*

"a B movie"

Yeah...there was a lot of buzz about it when it first opened.

Yeah I dunno, I don't think it ever took off.

Jon

Posted to alt.home.repair

HeyBub wrote:
"[RICHLAND, Wash] Workers cleaning up the Hanford nuclear
reservation are going after radioactive wasp nests."

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...dwasps11m.html

And you thought you had troubles...

*GASP*

In 1958 I was operating a U of H solar observatory at Makapuu Point in
Hawaii. It was my first job out of college and pretty much a flunky one.

In addition to the observatory, the U of C had some meson counters there and
I was supposed to maintain them. A weekly chore was checking their accuracy
with a slug of radioactive beryllium which was kept in a lead lined hole in
the ground some distance away. I'd go fish it out with a (literally) 10
foot pole to take it back to the counters.

Now Makapuu is a pretty boring place - not much there except scrubby brush,
mongooses, roaches and yellow jackets - so I fought the boredom by
irradiating yellow jacket nests on the way back.

I never *dreamed* my onslaught against boredom would spread so far

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Posted to alt.home.repair

Jon Danniken wrote:
"DerbyDad03" wrote:
The Daring Dufas wrote:
HeyBub wrote:
"[RICHLAND, Wash] Workers cleaning up the Hanford nuclear reservation
are
going after radioactive wasp nests."
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...345_webnukedwa...
And you thought you had troubles...

I could have sworn I've seen a B movie
about that. *snicker*

"a B movie"

Yeah...there was a lot of buzz about it when it first opened.

Yeah I dunno, I don't think it ever took off.

Jon

Ooof! That stung.

--Winston
Posted to alt.home.repair

dadiOH wrote:
HeyBub wrote:
[...]

I think that's the sight I saw on the Discovery Channel. Don't you have to
stop for a day at 7,000 foot or so to acclimate yourself to the rarefied
atmosphere?

They told the story of a carpenter who was brought up quickly for some sort
of repair. Midway through the repair, some passing scientist asked him how
the work was progressing. The carpenter said things were pretty screwed up.
"No matter how much I cut off this blankety-blank board, it's STILL too
short!"

Posted to alt.home.repair

HeyBub wrote:
dadiOH wrote:
HeyBub wrote:
[...]

You're thinking of Mauna Kea on the island of Hawaii. Makapuu Point is a
smallish hill on the SE corner of Oahu...same island as Honolulu.

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

What do I do with this? (wasp nest) Tim Downie[_2_] UK diy 30 February 17th 08 05:07 PM
Getting Rid of Wasp Nest Les Home Repair 12 November 22nd 06 05:03 PM
Wasp nest removal? ? ? Ray Home Repair 17 August 4th 06 07:36 PM
Wasp nest wattie UK diy 36 July 20th 06 05:30 PM
Wasp nest Nick UK diy 43 January 31st 05 02:18 AM