DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Can two twin matrresses be made into one BIG bed? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/280162-can-two-twin-matrresses-made-into-one-big-bed.html)

[email protected] June 12th 09 12:54 AM

Can two twin matrresses be made into one BIG bed?

How is it possible to set two twin mattresses side by
side to make one big bed?

How to cover or fill in the "crevice" between the
twins?

Should I use tow twin bed frames..... or one big king
frame to hole everything?

Thanks in advance!

Robert Neville June 12th 09 01:37 AM

wrote:

How is it possible to set two twin mattresses side by
side to make one big bed?

Slide the frames next to each other. If you buy a king frame, it will probably
not provide enough support along the inner side. The can be addressed with
plywood, or some extra wood underneath, but what's the point?

How to cover or fill in the "crevice" between the twins?

Have slept this way for years as I'm a light sleeper. I've seen "T" pads
designed to fill the gap, but never found the need. Any group activity tends to
be on one side or the other.

Should I use tow twin bed frames..... or one big king
frame to hole everything?

King frame won't work for a couple of reasons. One cited above, the other is
that two twins do not make a king. They're the right width but 6" short. You'll
either have to cut the frame down (which still leaves you short on side
support), or buy Twin XL mattresses. You will also run into the same problem
with fitted sheets.

Prof Wonmug June 12th 09 05:37 AM

On Thu, 11 Jun 2009 18:54:19 -0500, wrote:

How is it possible to set two twin mattresses side by
side to make one big bed?

How to cover or fill in the "crevice" between the
twins?

Should I use tow twin bed frames..... or one big king
frame to hole everything?

Thanks in advance!

For years, my inlaws had an extra room with two twin beds shoved
together to make one double bed. It wasn't too bad if we each stayed
in the middle of one of the twins, but the crack in the middle was
very uncomfortable. I quickly discovered that I do NOT stay in the
middle of one half. I think they even had some sort of middle thingy,
but it didn't work.

A couple of years ago, they replaced it with a queen bed. What a
difference. Much, much better.

Kurt Ullman June 12th 09 12:57 PM

Can two twin matrresses be made into one BIG bed?

In article ,
wrote:

How is it possible to set two twin mattresses side by
side to make one big bed?

How to cover or fill in the "crevice" between the
twins?

Should I use tow twin bed frames..... or one big king
frame to hole everything?

Thanks in advance!

Contact a Cruise line. Almost all of their rooms have two twins
that they convert into a single. Have never had a complaint from me or
my wife on any of our cruises so they must be doing something right.

--
"I found what I thought was a REALLY good book,
called _Girl to Grab_. Imagine my surprise when I found

bob haller June 12th 09 01:46 PM

Can two twin matrresses be made into one BIG bed?

On Jun 12, 7:57�am, Kurt Ullman wrote:
In article ,
wrote:

How is it possible to set two twin mattresses side by
side to make one big bed?

How to cover or fill in the "crevice" between the
twins?

Should I use tow twin bed frames..... or one big king
frame to hole everything?

Thanks in advance!

� � � � Contact a Cruise line. Almost all of their rooms have two twins
that they convert into a single. Have never had a complaint from me or
my wife on any of our cruises so they must be doing something right.

--
�"I found what I thought was a REALLY good book,
called _Girl to Grab_. Imagine my surprise when I found
out it was volume 6 of the *Encyclopedia Britanica*!"
-Martin Mull

I believe they have both twin matresses and larger ones depending on
what you want........

DerbyDad03 June 12th 09 08:23 PM

On Jun 11, 8:37*pm, Robert Neville wrote:
wrote:
[...]

It's obvious that your groups are smaller than mine.

Phisherman[_2_] June 12th 09 09:21 PM

Can two twin matrresses be made into one BIG bed?

On Thu, 11 Jun 2009 18:54:19 -0500, wrote:

How is it possible to set two twin mattresses side by
side to make one big bed?

How to cover or fill in the "crevice" between the
twins?

Should I use tow twin bed frames..... or one big king
frame to hole everything?

Thanks in advance!

There is a "T" divider on the market you can put into the crack. Not
comforable to lay on the crack, though.